• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bobcat

Started by The One, February 07, 2012, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The One

Hey everyone I'm new to this site and to predator hunting, I actually went for the first time last week.  I have an old(15 years old) electronic call that uses cassette tapes.  I was lucky enough to kill a nice bobcat  so now I'm hooked.  Can y'all recommend a newer call and any tips. Keep in mind I've only made one predator hunt so all tips all welcomed.  I live in southern louisiana. Also how do you post a pic on here?   I wanted to post a pic of my cat.

code

Try Minaska. My grandpa has one that works great.

P.S. Welcome aboard ''The One''
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

The One

Still can't post a pic.  Is it bc I'm on a Mac?

code

You have to go through Photobucket to post pics. Kinda a pain.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

titansfan2104

Here is his pic. Awesome story and beautiful cat. Congratulations!!!

Dave

Quote from: The One on February 07, 2012, 08:06:59 PM
  I was lucky enough to kill a nice bobcat  so now I'm hooked. 

Quote from: titansfan2104 on February 08, 2012, 04:59:45 PM
Here is his pic. Awesome story and beautiful cat.

I think I'm either missing something here, or Titans fans are easily entertained.  :shrug:
Need to let us stay-at-homers know the awesome story.  That sure is a nice looking bobcat - congrats.

titansfan2104

Quote from: Dave on February 08, 2012, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: The One on February 07, 2012, 08:06:59 PM
  I was lucky enough to kill a nice bobcat  so now I'm hooked. 

Quote from: titansfan2104 on February 08, 2012, 04:59:45 PM
Here is his pic. Awesome story and beautiful cat.

I think I'm either missing something here, or Titans fans are easily entertained.  :shrug:
Need to let us stay-at-homers know the awesome story.  That sure is a nice looking bobcat - congrats.
Well I didnt get details but he told a little about it in the text he sent along with pictures so I could post for him. And the story being the fact he dug an old cassette caller out and killed a cat first thing . Not easily entertained  :innocentwhistle: maybe he will give details but what I found impressive is he said he was 6'3 or 5" and was a 280 lb man. That's a big cat in comparison to him!! I'm thinking he sent me the weight but can't remember , maybe he will fill in the blanks!!

bambam

Beautiful cat ! Congrats.

slagmaker

Good looking kitty ya got there.

OH and welcome to the site hope ya find it enjoyable and informative
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site, "The One". Good to have you.
Posting pictures here is pretty much like posting pictures anywhere else on the web, You need to get them uploaded to the web, somewhere like Photobucket, and then put the link in your post where you want the pic to appear.

Check out some of the pinned threads in the Forum Issues and Questions forum. We pinned them to the top of the list for folks to be able to use them as  a reference and not have to look for them. :wink:

Again, welcome to the site.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

markTNhunter

:highclap: Thats a big CAT nice  :congrats:

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

WldWldWest

Here Kitty, kitty!

That ones a Pig! :highclap:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Coulter

Nice going...that's a good looking cat. Nice spots on the belly :yoyo:

Steve

Uhadme@gobble

The One

Thanks Titan for posting the pics. The story with the cat is this...I had bought a cassette caller over 15 years ago to shoot crows.  It had a tape with it of a cotton tail in distress. I had never used it to predator hunt and had to buy new batteries bc I hadn't used the call in over 10 years.  Anyway I took it out to our hunting lease to give it a try bc we had been hearing some coyotes.   When my son and me got out there it was raining so we sat in a box stand and started the call going.  After about 10 min we were getting ready to move and it started raining so we stayed there and about 5 min later a nice coyote came out.   After that we moved to another box and started again   This time this bobcat came out in only about 7-8 min.   2 sits and 2 animals called in it was awesome. Plus this is the biggest cat I've ever seen around here.
BUT...we were so pumped we went back this Thursday and Friday it was more of a realality check.  10 sits  and called in one fox and 2 opossums!  Still going to upgrade my call and study up on what to do.  Until reading on here this week I thought sitting in one spot more than 15 min was a long time. Lol.