• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Anyone want to buy an illuminated keyboard?

Started by FinsnFur, February 01, 2012, 05:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I didnt want to put this in the hunting classifieds :laf:

But I have an LED illuminated keyboard that I'd like to shove up someones ...   :innocentwhistle:  ...and before I do I figured I'd see if anyone here was interested in it.
It's corded, plugs into a USB port.
It works absolutely flawlessly. There's no damage or wear and tear on it.
It's less then a month old.

Why am I looking to get rid of it?
It was advertised as a full size keyboard, and it's not. It's a compact keyboard, and therefore since I'm used to a full size one, when I got this all I could do was smash two or three keys at once, bounce of the shift key and make half the words capitol. I spent more time retyping then anything, cause everything is just a tad smaller and it sucks. I do too much editing to diddle with something like that. This is less then a month old.

Ordered a new one a few days ago, and she showed up today. She's beautiful :biggrin: Full size and lit up like Hanuka. Cost me $80 friggin bucks too  :puke:

Anyway...If anyone is interested in the keyboard, I'll sell it for $20.00 shipped anywhere in the US. If your a member here. It's the top keyboard in these pics. The blue led one.

Also here's a link with more info on from Amazon: Amazon Ad
Keep in mind it is NOT full size.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Nah my laptops already got a keyboard and a full sized on at that.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Jim, I might be interested.  How many inches is it from left edge to right edge?  Or in other words, how wide is it the long way across from side to side?  I have a small travel keyboard that is a little too small, would be interested in a slightly larger one.

FinsnFur

I dont seem to have a tape measure anywhere inside this house :confused: :laf:
So I'll grab a tape from the shop in the morning and let ya know.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

15 3/4 inches Okanagan, full size keyboards are between 18" and 20". But depending on where in Canada you are, I dont think I can send this thing to Canada for the same $20 price I mentioned above to U.S. members.

I'm guessing it's going to cost more then $20 bucks alone just to ship it up there. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Coulter

Dang I'd grab that up for my son if he could use it. He has a laptop though. I'd have the same trouble hitting multiple keys if I tried to use it. That drives me nuts.

Okanagan

That is in between my small keyboard and my full size one.  I'll take it.  I have a US address.  We never have anything shipped/mailed from US into Canada because it is slow and more trouble than picking it up on the US side and taking it across in person.   

I'll move this to PM, but have to head to a meeting right now so will get to that later today.

FinsnFur

She's boxed up and ready to go Okanagan.
As mentioned I'll shoot it out tomorrow afternoon when I get out of work and the Post Office is open. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Thanks.  No hurry.  Just hope I can get somebody to cross the line to get your money in the mail tomorrow because I have to work.  If I don't get it on the way tomorrow it will be sent from Texas on Monday.  I'm into one of those jam packed schedules due to the funeral of a friend in northern BC.  Fly up there EARLY Sat., back Sunday in time to drive to SeaTac for a 5:00 AM Monday start for San Antonio.  Had hoped to go pig hunting in Texas but cancelled that part of the trip so I could make the funeral, and well worth the trade off.  He was a man to make big tracks, a friend and mentor to me and the only place to be is to stand with his widow and his family as they lay him to rest.

Dying is never convenient. 

One time he got on a moose stand before daylight while I made an hour and a half slow loop to push moose past him and try to kill one myself as I still hunted along.  90 minutes later he was freezing and decided  he was going to take me to breakfast at the McDonald's in a nearby town, dreaming of hot coffee.  Just then he heard, "BANG!" when I shot a bull within 150 yards of meeting him.  "There goes my hot coffee," was his first thought.

Anyway, thanks for your  trust.  Will get payment headed your way as quick as I can.

FinsnFur

Dont worry about it. My goal was to find someone that could use this thing. Not get a $20 dollar bill in my pocket. :wink:
If you cant get to it until Easter, I'll be here.
I'm glad I found someone that wanted it as I hated the thought of pitching it, which is where I was headed with it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Good news.  A co-worker just headed south across the line with the letter for you.

I've never had an illuminated keyboard but man that will be useful sometimes in poor light where I don't want to turn on a house light or there is not a floor lamp convenient.

Thanks.

FinsnFur

Thats the same reason I had to have one. The desk lamp lights up the desk and the keyboard rolls out from underneath.  :iroll:
On the weekends I'm on here 7 and 8 hours straight beating the keys, updating clients sites, building new sites for clients.  I really dont care to set here until 3:am with a spotlight in my lap. :nono:

This new full size keyboard fades out if you dont type anything for a few seconds and then when your hands get near it, it lights back up. I love it. Plus Logitech's PerfectStroke key system which puts out a natural, silent and fluid typing experience.  Eww boy that sounded kinda feminine :doh2:
But for $80 bucks it should kiss me good night too. :eyebrownod:

Anyway, the board left this afternoon. I hope you enjoy it more then I. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

5 SHOTS

I was too late.  :shrug:  I have the same problem, and use the keyboard in the dark too. Do you have a link to the keyboard so I can get one? Here is a pic of what I have in the truck along with a full size keyboard.

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

The one I bought Art, was the Logitech Wireless Illuminated K800. I bought it from Newegg just because I trust them and have bought a lot of parts from them. I see they got it listed for $70 now.
Newgg's link to the keyboard

Amazon had a bunch of them here for as low as $59.99 but I never looked to see if they were used or new.

Overstock.com claims to have them here for as low as 39.99 but I never checked into it either.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

5 SHOTS

Thank you! I will have to get one ordered as soon as I get home.  :biggrin: :yoyo: :bowingsmilie:

I never even knew they had illuminated keyboards until now.  :doh2:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Okanagan

Finally got the illuminated keyboard across the line last night.  I love it!  Thank you, Jim!

It works great and the illuminated feature is really practical.

It arrived quick but due to travel I haven't been at the US Post Office when they were open so had to leave it.  The slip saying I had a package was there a long time, then my wife made a trip last week, picked it up on her way south and brought it home with her when she came back.

Anyway, FYI that it got here in excellent shape and works fine.

FinsnFur

Thats good news sir.
And I hope you enjoy it more then this fat fingered fella did, for the short amount of time I had it. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers