• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Interesting tidbits

Started by FinsnFur, June 15, 2012, 05:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Our phone company / internet provider, up here sends out a little news letter once in a while, with deals, news etc. I seen some pretty interesting articles on there last night.

Did you know that 65 percent of all Internet traffic during prime time is being consumed by streaming video? About half of that streaming video traffic is Netflix (at 32 percent). This is nearly triple the demand on networks from just three years ago.
More and more internet providers are charging you by the amount of time you use the internet. instead of running a constant connection like DSL, T-1 and cable etc.
Here it comes people  :doh2:

Here's and interesting write up they had about Facebook.
Is there such a thing as being too social? If you read an article, watch a news clip, or listen to your favorite Billy Joel song, it can become an instant update for all your Facebook friends to see. What, you didn’t want friends to know you’re a closet Billy Joel fan?

The virtual world we now live in makes it possible for everything we watch, read, or listen to online to show up instantly in our Facebook feed. It’s because the social reader apps auto-publish without our need to “like” or click anything. It’s called “frictionless sharing” and it’s causing a little friction, not to mention a little embarrassment.

One way to avoid being embarrassed is to take control of your privacy. Check out the privacy settings on each social media application. Make sure they’re set up to protect you (and your little secrets).
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

I really don't mind that my visit to FnF show up on my social media.    :iroll:

Jerry

P.S.  I know that is not what you were talking about.

JohnP

Don't do facebook!  What I do is my business not for the world to see.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 15, 2012, 07:53:44 AM
Jim,

I really don't mind that my visit to FnF show up on my social media.    :iroll:

Jerry

P.S.  I know that is not what you were talking about.

FnF IZZ my social media :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com