• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Alaska Trip

Started by KySongDog, June 18, 2012, 12:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Just got back from three weeks in Alaska.  What a trip!   My wife and I rented an RV in Anchorage and put 2,000 miles on it.  Talkeetna, Denali, Fairbanks, Delta Junction, Chitna, Valdez, Tolsona, Homer, Seldovia, Seward, Kenai, and Soldotna were a few of the places we traveled to.   

Got a bunch of pics, got a video of two grizzly bears mating, got stared down by a cow moose and her two calves (and pics to prove it  :biggrin: ), had a big grizzly come within 17 steps of me and the wife (now THAT was interesting!)  saw more wildlife and ocean critters than at the zoo.  I met up with Tikaani in Fairbanks,  tried to meet Todd Rahm in Anchorage but the sun, the moon and the stars and his work schedule just didn't line up for us.  (Maybe next time, Todd! )

Had a great time.  If any of you guys or gals have not been to Alaska, you just gotta go!!  Unbelievable scenery!

Semp

FinsnFur

Boy I cant wait to hear some of these stories and see some of those pics.
I got a trip to Alaska on my bucket list. I know it'd be a trip of a life time. Wouldnt even mind moving out there to escape this pathetic heat.

Sounds like you enjoyed the heck out of, good to hear. You certainly deserve it.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Sounds like you made the dream trip that all of us think about.  Look forward to seeing some photos.  Oh, welcome back!

Dave

Hawks Feather

It does sound like a great trip and I too will be looking forward to the pictures.  Welcome home.

Jerry

coyote101

Glad you had a good trip Johnny. I'm going in September to hunt moose (and wolves) and am really looking forward to it. Now hurry up and get those pictures posted!

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

Sounds like you had a GREAT trip Johnnie. Waiting to see those pics.

possumal

Glad you had a good trip, Johnnie.  We will all enjoy the pictures.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hidehunter

Cant wait to see the pics...My sister went last September.  Its definatly on my Bucket list to.
Denver                                           

HuntnCarve

Hey Jim! I just noticed that on my last post here I hit 1000 posts and obtained a six star rating!  Does that mean I win a "FnF all expenses paid trip to Alaska?" :eyebrow:
It was worth a shot!  Meantime, I look forward to your photos Johnny.

Dave

Biscuit

Great to have you back Johnny!! Glad you had a great time :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on June 18, 2012, 03:51:12 PM
Hey Jim! I just noticed that on my last post here I hit 1000 posts and obtained a six star rating!  Does that mean I win a "FnF all expenses paid trip to Alaska?" :eyebrow:
It was worth a shot!  Meantime, I look forward to your photos Johnny.

Dave

Settle down Dave, That benefit comes at the 2000 post mark. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yeah Semp, we was off by one day, but I tried like heck to get out of work the next night. It just didn't work out and I'm kinda bummed about it. Maybe next time or if I come down to Indiana next summer.

From what little info I garnered from ya on the phone, you for sure had an awesome trip and at a beautiful time of the year too.

iahntr

Very cool Semp ! Like others, I look forward to pics.
Scott

HaMeR

Purdy cool you made it up there Johnny!! It's good to have you back safe & sound!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Now where's the darn pics man????!!!!   :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Sounds like a good trip Semp. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Okanagan

What a great trip!  Good for you.  I've been to several of those places and that's all the more reason I'd like to go back.  I love the drive down to Valdez.  That's a fabulously more interesting vacation than most.  Look forward to the pics.