• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Down but not out

Started by slagmaker, June 27, 2012, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Well looks like I have some unexpectred down time.
For years I have had a small hernia right beside my belly button. And for years the docs have been saying I am going to have to have it looked at sooner or later but it was no hurry. Last Sunday morning I awoke with a brand new problem. The hernia was no longer just a little squishy pouch with a hole under it. Now it was a hard little lump under the skin. Made me a doctors apopointemnet for Monday before work I figure alll that weill happen is the doc will say, yep you got a hernia and well schedule an apointment with a surgen. Well I get to see the doc and next thing you know I am on my way to emergency surgery. They repaired the hernia but due to it being emergency surgey they couldnt fix it with surgical mesh. so I have to be real carefull of moving wrong or straining that spot for a bit.  Now I have a doctors order to be off work till July 31. 

Might as well see if I can reload whats empty and get some range time.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

Glad it worked out allright for you Bear. Take care and don't rush things.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Hang in there Slag im glad it wasnt more serious. Enjoy your free time as best you can.

FinsnFur

The only thing that sounds fun about that is not going to work :yoyo:
Luckily it wasnt something more serious though
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Hang in there slag!!!!!!!!   Glad to hear it went well for you!!   :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Maybe next time you won't put it it off you procrastinator you?  :wink: Glad your fairing well though.

Hidehunter

Glad ya got it taken care of.  I have a big piece of gortex holding my guts in from where my truck ran over me in '98.  You will always have to becareful because once ya have one there is a real good chance you will have another.
Denver                                           

iahntr

Scott

JohnP

Like Pat said:  Don't rush things.  When I had one done I was out and doing "stuff" within days, because we all know that we know more than the doctor.  Ended up with twice the normal recovery time. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

Yeah I am being carefull. No lifting no twisting. The insurance company called and wanted to konw why I was going to be off so long. When I told him that they couldnt use the mesh the guy was like, OH enough said.

I have been so bored. I have no internet or computer at the house and not much else I can do that dosnt require lifting or some other activityt that requires strenght.

I have reloaded till I ran out of compenets for whaterver I have left. I guess I will just have to spend some mornings unloading the stuff I loadedup.

Then I beat the heat by staying in the house after the sun hits the range. It has made it well into the 100's couple days straight now.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.