• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Is It The End Of The Week? - A Set for Studabaka

Started by THO Game Calls, March 10, 2007, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

The bands on these calls are brass.   

Nothing to it.   

Oh -  a magnafying light helps if you have old eyes  :)

Post edited to keep prying eyes from it.  If anyone on this board needs the info that was here, PM me.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Lonehowl

Thanks Al,
Ive done some bands on my metal lathe before. I just thought you might have found some kind of stipling type tool for the lathe.Same idea as a knurling tool maybe.

I have a Foredom air tool, I just aint that good at hand work like that.

Those are very very nice :highclap:

Arkyyoter

Most impressive, as always AL.....wonderfully done!

Joe

keekee

Very, very nice Al! I love the look of the new bands, it kind of sets the calls off even more!

Brent

RagnCajn

Those are some beautifull calls Al. I will let Stu post a picture of them with the Coyote he shoots this weekend that was called with one. If ya ever make another one, I would like to buy it. I have 1 of your calls on each lanyard. Maybe I need another lanyard and call.
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

studabaka

I was on the phone with Randy a little bit ago and he was reminding me to bring these calls with me [leave for the airport at 3am tomorrow  :shck:]. Now it ain't like I need any reminding  :biggrin: but as a told Randy, the mail came this morning and there wasn't anything interesting in it  :rolleye: ......... as we both lamented this terrible circumstance I hear someone coming up the drive so I walk out and find my post lady getting out of her truck with a package. I'm giving Randy the blow by blow as I quick step over to her. She gave me a funny look as I peaked over her shoulder to scope out the return address as she's doing the barcode scan thing. ...... 'Yup, it's from Al' I tell Randy with clear excitement in my voice. I think this comforted the post lady too as she smiled and handed me the box with renewed sense that it was the package I was after  :eyebrow:

Randy was right...... as nice as they looked in the pic, they looked doubly nice as I unpacked each and held them in my hand. The blackwood is gorgeous, the lines and curves are flawless as is the finish...... and the brass bands  :wo: if I ever were to get married again, I know where I'd go for my ring. The detail is amazing.

Al, I can't begin to thank you enough for these beautiful calls  :congrats:

I couldn't resist immediately slipping them on the lanyard he included and heading out to the back yard. The neighbors coon dogs sure did like the sound and if I get the chance I'm going to play a bit more with them this evening in the woods  :yoyo:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Have fun with 'em Stu...........I know you will.  :eyebrownod:
Be careful on your trip and get back here so we can see your smiling ......... :confused: ......emoticons.......... :huh: :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

RagnCajn

Well Al, they work fine and are truly a work of art. Called in a coyote for Stu with the closed reed.

RagnCajn

This is studabaka on Randy's id....... I will need to give a full accounting of what is working out to be an awesome trip/visit/education.......

The short version is that there is a superb yote hunter here...... my THO calls are apparently extremely purdy to the yotes too, as it took less than 4 minutes on the first stand to put a big one in our laps...... and...well....er.... I really need to finish eating my humble pie afore I can buck up and give the details on my 'weak link' performance.

But I did make a good showing on the crawfish last night and hope to do as well at the shrimp boil this evening.

FinsnFur

Oh my gahd you even looked like Randy at first glance  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com