• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hoping for a miracle

Started by nailbender, October 05, 2012, 08:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

New equipment, new tactics, its going to take a miracle or some real luck and that's in short supply around me.  Opening day for me. No scouting, little prep time,  Here we go! :biggrin: At least it will be good to spend time in the timber after a hot summer.

iahntr

Scott

nailbender

Thanks buddy! Had a good day. Just looking around without going into the timber,much.  Scouting.  But a great day anyway! I love hunting season!!! :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

iahntr

Sat in the stand for the first time tonight too. 2 turkey, 3 coons, 3 does, and 2 bucks.
Just went threw the pics on my trail cam too, all 2,228 of them. I think there's a little somethin
wrong with it  :laf: Have to see if I can figure it out tomorrow.
Scott

FinsnFur

Quote from: nailbender on October 05, 2012, 08:15:02 AM
At least it will be good to spend time in the timber after a hot summer.

You got that right. These next few weeks will be all too welcome after this summers heat again. And what a perfect way to kick it off setting in a stand.
Good luck and keep us updated. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Well at least some of you are getting a little tree stand time and that has to feel good.

Jerry

nailbender

Nothing but does walking by so far.  But its early, 2 weeks and the bucks will be on the trail of those does!  Nice way to spend a weekend anyway. :biggrin:
      Any good trailcam pics yet Scott??   Spent some time playing with my new Lid Cam,, wish I wouldn't have left the instructions home! :doh2:  Battery died 10 mins before 7 does came in and hung out. :rolleye: hoping to get some good video to share soon.

iahntr

no good pics yet.  I was lazy this year and only have one cam out so far,
and its only been out a few weeks.
Scott

nailbender

Well I found the big one.....And I BLEW IT!!!! :madd:  Hope I get another chance at him. Just got set up and saw two bucks sparring on the ridge 150 yds. away.  Couldn't see them very well and couldnt get them to come closer. Should not have left the rattle bag behind. Sat a long time and got restless, decided to move.  Bad idea!  Bumped  him out not  75 yds. from where I was sitting. He was moving toward me down in the deep creek channel and didn't bust out until I had walked way past him. Sneaky bastid!

FinsnFur

OUCH!
On the bright side...you know where he hangs out now. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender

Didn't see him this morning. tough place to hunt, deep,really deep ditch/creek with steep timber. One of those hell-holes. Had a good show yesterday with two bucks fighting on the ridge above. Hope it plays out the same today! Windy today, but from a better direction for this spot. Just have to watch and wait. Too hot to trap anyway.

FinsnFur

Tough place to hunt...that's probably why he's hiding in there. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

yeah, that's the way hutnin goes some times. Some big bucks
ya get, some ya get a few chances at and they give ya the slip every time,
and some ya see once, and then never again.
Hope ya get this one !
Scott

nailbender

Well no such luck so far. Had to stay home for a day wednesday. Neighbor called and said a big one had moved into my grove. Couldn't get him to come out, but I could hear him trashing the shrubbery. Sitting in the hayloft with a cup of joe was kinda nice, I needed the rest. :laf:

iahntr

yeah, not alotta luck around here either.
I haven't been out as much either though.
Scott

nailbender

Got a look at the "big" one in my backyard. Dink!  Shouldnt have wasted a day on him.  There's a few shooters down your way if I can get away again. Family for the holiday week. Grandkids come before deer any time of the year.

FinsnFur

Funny how that works, aint it? You want the grandkids to stay little and the deer to get bigger. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender