• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

From a friends camera...

Started by Coulter, December 10, 2012, 06:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

A decoy carving friend of mine just bought a sneakboat for himself and offered to take me out on some of his own home hunting grounds this past weekend. Well, who am I to decline a duck hunt on new waters...especially from my own sneakboat. He paddled out ahead of me since he doesn't have a motor on his boat yet. I finished gearing up and motored out to meet him halfway to our chosen spot for the morning. It was a little unnerving motoring out in complete darkness on unfamiliar water, but I made it out okay and this was my reward after getting setteld in for the morning.

We decided to hunt out of our boats next to each other so we could chat in the down time. After seeing these pictures I realize I need to get some more grassing done on my boat before heading down to Chesapeake Bay next month.

We did manage to bag a few birds though. Of course, we both missed way more than we hit. But it was still fun. Here are a couple pics of me motoring back from fetching a duck or two.

And here is my hunting partner...just look at that smile would ya...now that's what it's all about man!!

Steve

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Very nice! :yoyo:
I appreciate ya sharing those with us.
That first pic is wallpaper or postcard material. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Looks like fun!  I've never been duck hunting??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Coulter

Oh yeah...good times! Very relaxing and not a worry in world while in the sneakboat...as long as my mind doesn't start wandering and thinking about call orders that I should be taking care of that is:innocentwhistle:

It became the wallpaper on my work computer today Jimbo...

Never been duck hunting?!?! Well, I suppose that's probably a good thing given it's highly addictive nature. I'm hoping to get a bigger boat that will hold 2-3 guys for next seasons hunts. You want to go duck hunting? Just say the word...

Steve

HaMeR

Glad you guys had fun Steve. Now that he has his boats maiden voyage under it's belt you can tow him out next time!!  :laf: :laf:

I can't wait to see these pics on my new North Bay CC 2013 calender!!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

QuoteNorth Bay CC 2013 calender

What? :confused: You know something I don't there Glen? I mean besides the improper spelling of "calendar" of course :eyebrownod:

I actually towed him back part of the way to the ramp. We did that more as an excercise to get the feel for it when we hunt together again.  If the weather turns on us I can just tow him back if necessary. Better to try these things when it's calm out than to wait until you must do it and find out you can't.

He's in the market for a 3-4 horse motor anyway if anybody hears of any in the PA / OH area.

Steve

nastygunz

Man that looks righteous :yoyo:..when I got out of the service I worked at Electric Boat in Conn. lived minutes away from a huge salt marsh,we used to go out with a grassed up boat and Chesapeake bay retrievers and man it sure as hell beat the duck hunting in NH/VT !..we use to hammer the ducks :biggrin:

Coulter

I love hunting the salt marshes in my boat. Nothing better than that as far as duck hunting goes. I'm in the process of planning my annual Chesapeake Bay adventure now. We should be going down in mid January if all goes according to plan. I'll get some much better pictures from that trip....Man, I can't wait to go! :biggrin:

Steve

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  Nope. I don't know nuthin!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

That looks like a lot of fun.  Thanks for the pics.  The only duck hunting I've done is with waders in the river bottom sloughs around home.  And that was a long long time ago. 

Dave

That's some fun.  I used to hunt some of the salt marshes in South Jersey for snow geese and ducks.  The snows would pretty much come in to white trash bags.
Great pics, especially the first one!