• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Made it to San Antonio - part 1

Started by Hawks Feather, February 18, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Becky and I took our time getting to San Antonio and had a great time with Becky's sister and her husband last night.  This morning started out slightly overcast, but about the time we pulled out the sun came out.

We went here for lunch.

This greeted us as we walked in

Then we headed here

And tried this

Found this cutie outside

Along the road I kept seeing these trees that looked like they had nests in them.  I finally got a shot of one and they are pockets of leaves.  Anyone know the name of the tree, because we don't?

Here is a blow up of the tree

Great time so far and more images will be added as the trip continues.

Jerry

coyote101

I don't know what kind of tree it is, but the "nests" look like mistletoe to me.  :shrug:
Hope you have a great trip Jerry.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

code

Quote from: coyote101 on February 18, 2013, 07:07:45 PM
I don't know what kind of tree it is, but the "nests" look like mistletoe to me.  :shrug:

Pat

Looks like mistletoe to me to.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FinsnFur

I cant get past those ribs :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: I'm gonna have to get back to ya. :sick2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Yep mistletoe... could've taken advantage of that!  :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 18, 2013, 10:46:27 PM
I cant get past those ribs :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: I'm gonna have to get back to ya. :sick2:

They had ribs, brisket, turkey, and sausage that they had smoked.  I ate way more than I should have, but the flavor was fantastic.  It sort of went ribs, brisket, couple pieces of sausage, then more ribs and brisket.  It was something that I think I could do several more times.  There is another brisket place here called Rudy's that we may try for lunch today.  This may turn into the quest for the "holy grail" of ribs and brisket.

Jerry

KySongDog

Now that looks like the kind of road trip I could get in to.   :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

You do know thats all going to go straight to your Aaaaa.... right Jerry?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com