• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Anyone heard from Tikaani??

Started by FinsnFur, February 22, 2013, 09:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Havent seen him on in a while. I hope he's alright.
Trekking around the isolated peaks of Alaska alone for months on end.....man o man :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I heard from him a month or two ago.  I think he and his family are doing OK.  He is just very busy.   

iahntr

yeah I talked to him not too long ago, pretty much the same then.
Scott

Tikaani

Hey Jim, Semp told me you were wondering where I have been.  Work has been keeping me busy and with all the kids gone the wife and I have been doing a bit of traveling in the last year.  We went to Germany, Ireland and Italy this spring and for the first time that I can remember she got me out of Alaska in the winter by dragging me to Hawaii. I am sure I was a sight to see, big bearded guy, as white as a sheet. 

When not working I hit the mountains, woods or rivers.  I was drawn in the annual lottery in restricted areas for a Dall sheep hunt, a Caribou hunt and a winter muzzleloader moose hunt this year so I will be busy through the fall into November.  I was pretty excited, the wife did not seem to share in my joy however, kept mumbling about being second fiddle to wildlife.  Other than that things have been pretty much the same, hunting, butchering, filleting, smoking fish, cutting wood and of course dealing with the long cold winters LOL.

Here are some pictures from the last year, will try and come around here more often.

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Dave

Good to see you back!  Incredible pictures.  ALL of those mountain scenes are postcards!

HuntnCarve

Glad to see you back John!  Some how the image of you in Hawain gear does not register. LOL!  Take care of yourself, and Thank you for the photos.  Good hunting!

Dave

FinsnFur

Every one of those pics could be a postcard :eyebrownod:
Well I'm glad your doing alright John. I didnt think you'd let anything out there get the best of you. I guess I just needed reassuring. :wink:

A Dall sheep hunt! That sounds like a lot of climbing, but also the chance of a lifetime for many of us back here. Bring us some pics back if your able to.

I must have been out the day you posted the pics all dressed up in Hawaiian attire also. dont recall those. :laf:

It's good to hear from you my friend. Stay safe out there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Glad to see that you are doing well.  I think we need a side by side comparison of picture #2 and a shot from Hawaii.   :biggrin:   This one has ice cycles on your beard and the other one would have salt water and sand.

Jerry

iahntr

Thanks for the pics again John. Love it, miss it. Some day again buddy.  ;yes;
Talk to ya later.
Scott