• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

More Predator Calls

Started by CypressSlough, January 29, 2007, 09:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Here's a few more of my predator calls. Both closed redd and open reed. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Brian.

Matched set of Cedar distress calls

Red Palm and Gaboon Ebony closed reed

Red Oak Burl and Cocabola closed reed

Matched set of Gaboon Ebony distress calls

Curly Koa and Gaboon Ebony closed reed

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

I'm beginning to think I know how you and Al know each other so well  :eyebrownod:

I think you two have exchanged a lot of spin talk together.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BryanStanley

THO Game Calls

Nah, I am a hack compared to Brian.  He's the one who taught me how to polish acrylic.  I do it a bit different now, but it was his method that really helped me in that area.  I'm pretty sure he will be a huge asset to the call makers here. 

Al,
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CypressSlough

Thanks AL, but I consider myself a hack compared to you. Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bowjunkie

:shck: wow talk about a call collectors dream come true those are some good lookers right there I can see my bank account gettin slimmer already and the wife just plain shootin me  :biggrin:  awesome work you do Brian

Todd Rahm

Nice calls Brian.  :congrats:  Looks like we need a few more hacks around here and a new forum where we can hide you guys. How about "Hack Calls Forum" and Jim can ya make it so just I have access to it.  :biggrin:

Very good work Brian.

ninthinning

Wonderful calls.  Which end of the two piece do you blow into?
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

CypressSlough

My 2 piece calls are made just like a duck call. You blow through the barrel ( large end). Thanks, Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

cb223

Nice work. Those are works of art!
CHAD

OKTrap

They look real nice. But I would think that the polished brass band could reflect sunlight and spook the target critter. IMO.

However, if the tones are as good as the quality appears to be ... the critters might not even care about the reflections.

CypressSlough

You also have just as much chance of spooking critters from glare from your scope, too. I've never had a problem, that I know of, with the little band spooking critters away. I always pay attention to my setup and the sun anytime I am hunting to avoid this. If I'm tucked into a shaddow there's no glare coming from the band. If you are like me and use the calls alot, the bands don't stay shiny for long. Some people like them some don't. Personally I like them. Not all of my calls are banded though. Depends on the what the hunter or collector wants. Thanks, Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

CypressSlough

Todd, those call are from my own collection. I try to keep a few styles in different woods for people to actually handle and look at when they stop by. If there is something you are interested in let me know. Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

iahntr

Hey guys new here, now looks like a good time to jump in.  Very nice calls Brian. I really like the Burl. What would one like that run me? Thanks
Scott

Hawks Feather

iahntr,

Welcome to Fins and Fur.  I hope you like it here.  Cypress has a fishing trip and might not reply for a couple of days.  To be on the safe side you might want to send him a PM.

Jerry