• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

At last! We leave tomorrow!

Started by Coulter, March 26, 2013, 11:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

We leave tomorrow for our first climbing excursion of the season in the Adirondack High Peaks Region. I’ve been waiting patiently since August to get back up there. Of course my daughter is less than excited about the 25 mph winds and sub zero wind chills on the summits the past couple of days. She has some beaver mittens that I made her to keep her hands warm at least. Pictures to follow…if the camera is operable that is.

Steve

coyote101

Good luck, have fun, be safe.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

Two things I need befor I ever leave Alaska.......a good set of beaver mittens and a potted seal and beaver hat!! Man they are toasty.

Well you guys have fun and be safe. Try to get some good pics if biggyfoot while your out there! Those dummies on the animal planet channel are still trying to find him with all their stupid gimmicks.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

LOL Todd
Stay safe Steve, and most of all enjoy yourselves. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Thanks guys...just about finished packing all the gear, just gotta load the truck up now. This is the part that I hate...that and unpacking.

Pat...I'm meeting another trapper up there on Saturday to do some recon on the way home for the November trapline. He says he has some good areas that he just doesn't have enough time to get to each season. Hopefully this guy isn't just blowing smoke. Definitely worth a re-route and stop for coffee.

Todd...I need a another pair of beaver mittens myself. I made a pair for all of my kids and ended up selling mine along with my hat. I really miss them. I have a pile of fur here, some of it already cut, just waiting to be sewn. I need to make some time and do that for myself before next season. I sold a bunch of hats and mittens over the last 6-7 years to local guys. Just got burned out on doing it. Not sure 'bout the biggyfoot...perhaps we may run into a Yeti with the conditions up there now though. :shrug:

We will be definitely enjoy ourselves Jimbo. Safe? Well it's the mountains man - anything can happen. The adventures we encounter directly correlate to any risks we take - We will take all necessary precautions though. (That's what I tell my wife too :innocentwhistle:)

Steve