• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My white whale

Started by Rick Howard, April 27, 2013, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Howard

Hello fellas.  I am new to the forum.  My name is Rick.  I have been predator hunting in NY for 15 years now.  I figured I would lead in with a photo of my white whale (I know it is black).  I have been after one of these for quite some time and finally connected in early March!  Not my first coyote but, it is my first "black" coyote.

Formerly known as itzdirty

iahntr

Very cool ! Congratulations !
and Welcome aboard.
Scott

JohnP

Welcome aboard.  I been killing coyotes for over fifty years and have yet to kill a black one.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

White Whale....black coyote, nice job any way you look at it. That one kind of reminds of a nice dark swamp buck.
Thanks for sharing it, and welcome to the site. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Wow!!  I've never even seen a black one??  WTG!  Welcome aboard!  Good bunch of guys on here!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Rick Howard

Thank you fellas.  Seems like once you find one in an area the genetics seem to run pretty strong.  This one was with a female that avoided me.....  I'm curious to see if there are any black pups.  This was taken on a new farm I was hunting.  Farther north than I have hunted in the past.....  I spotted another one on a farm about an hour from this one....  October can't come fast enough this year.

Hawks Feather

Nice coyote.  You mentioned that you are looking forward to October.  Is there a season on coyotes where you live?  Just wondering since Ohio has no closed season on them.

Jerry

nailbender

Welcome aboard Rick!  Quite an entrance! :congrats:

Rick Howard

Thank you sirs.  Yes we have a season here in NY.  It runs from Oct 1 to Mar 31.

snafu

Nice! I've only seen 6-7 or so in my time. Hit one & knocked it off of a terrace. But never recovered it.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Rick Howard

FinsnFur

Black Coyotes :eyebrownod:
Do a search here on the forums for "crack pipe". Be sure to space the two words. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Rick Howard

FinsnFur

I probably ruined it, by putting those two words in my post. Now a "simple" search will keep pointing to that.
If you use the Advanced Search you'll see a bunch of posts by centerfire_223
I think he's gotten more black coyotes then anyone I know.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers