• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyotes talking before 6 this am

Started by Okanagan, July 06, 2013, 11:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Somebody phoned me at 5 something this morning and I was too slow to pick up.  Had planned to sleep in today...  But in the clear sunny dawn a pair of coyotes were barking and yipping a couple of blocks up the hill and I'd have missed that but for the wake up call.   Nice to hear in the typical suburb of sidewalks and houses except for the sheep pasture and original farmhouse on top of the hill, now surrounded by homes and a high school.

That gave me an early start of resorting fishing gear to prep for some time on the West Coast of Vancouver Island this coming week.  I'm hoping to try for a Chinook salmon off the beach with surf rod casting into the open Pacific.  No serious fishing on this vacation week with my wife, but I will dabble and experiment a little on the side.  There are some rock points within easy walking distance of where we will stay in Uclulet that have been beckoning me to try salmon fishing from them since the first time I saw them.  Will also take a fly rod in case one of the lakes beckons, and a summer run steelhead outfit...   :wink:

HaMeR

That's an alright wakeup call. You got to hear the coyotes & got some extra stuff done. Now to get started on that much deserved vacation with the Mrs!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: Okanagan on July 06, 2013, 11:28:07 AM
  Nice to hear in the typical suburb of sidewalks and houses except for the sheep pasture and original farmhouse on top of the hill, now surrounded by homes and a high school.

I know what you mean, haven't heard a coyote howl since we moved into suburbia. Our place backs up into a dry wash, but we still have people on both sides of us plus the front is nothing but houses.  I think I'm going into a state of depression :madd:

Have a good time on your vacation an pay more attention to your wife than fishing.  That will make it easier for more fishing trip in the future.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs