• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mountain dawn

Started by Okanagan, September 15, 2013, 03:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Went picking huckleberries again on Friday up the road I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  Took a deer tag just in case and when I didn't find many berries went for an afternoon hike farther up the road past a washout-- and hit the jackpot of berry patches 1.5 miles from my vehicle.    Just in case I had one 2 gallon bucket in my pack so filled it by early dusk.  I decided to stay overnight in my vehicle and pick more on Sat. morning.  Looked for a deer on my way out in the dusk, hiked in before daylight the next morning and watched for a deer as it got light but didn't see any.  If I were a deer I'd be on those high open ridges where wind keeps bugs away.  Very warm and lots of biting flies.  This early in the blacktail season the best place to hunt is in the open alpine above timberline, and I realized it is just too hard for my old bones to do that well.  An epiphany of encroaching old age...   :huh:

Meanwhile my two grandsons were after Roosevelt elk with their uncle, an excellent elk hunter.  I went with them for the first few days of season, before the rut got started much, and he took them for the last few days with rut going full bore.  Younger grandson, Jon, killed a very good bull Friday evening and I am waiting to hear if his older brother Code got one.  Today is the last day of season so should hear something tonight unless they are packing meat that they can't retrieve till tomorrow.

Dawn.

A little creek where it crosses the abandoned logging road.  Waterfall is 8' high, crystal clear water.

slagmaker

Wow! You get to walk around in some of the most awsome places
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Great images of the area and am waiting for some elk images.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I like the way you positioned those shots :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

What beautiful country you live in.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog