• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

trying to stay warm.

Started by nor-cal yote, January 05, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

I bought a house this fall, after dad passed in April I spent a lot of time working on their place when ever I had time off from work. I just could not keep up on it with my job and being gone all the time. So I found a place in Winston Montana, 3 bed and two bath. It has a shop 30'x60 uninsulated I put a wood stove in it, but when its 2 above all I can get it up too is about 36. It has 4 acres and I moved mom in and gave her the master bedroom, since she will be here more than I will. I like the shop the best working on my coyote chaser right now. I really think dad would have loved this place. It was built in 2006 its a modular home on a foundation, with a big deck on the back with views of canyon ferry lake.
never yell whoa in a horse race

gravesco hunter

pretty much everybody is trying to keep warm right now

HuntnCarve

That's great news about the house Chris.  And especially grand that you can take care of your Mom. :congrats:  Hope you all stay warm, and the New Year is especially good to you all.

Dave

FinsnFur

Sounds nice...what brand Modular is it? Who was the manufacturer, do you know?
36 degrees in the shop, really? Must have some high sidewalls :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nor-cal yote

12' side walls metal roof, a lot of space to heat with a wood stove but I spend most of my time out here. Going to try to get some trapping done before I start back at work at the end of February. I have a few ranches that have asked if I will come out and thin out the coyotes. Need to get some more snares before I can do that. Hey Jim it is a Champion modular.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

Champion builds nice homes. I thought they went out of business though. Maybe it was the closing of one plant.

Yeah 12 walls are gonna be a bugger to heat for the shop. 36 degrees, ouch.
I think with geothermal you can get at least 50 degrees.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com