• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New River W.V.

Started by weedwalker, January 04, 2014, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I travel a lot for my job. Usually to a place with a high criminal atmosphere, a lack of scenic attraction, and more times than not, in the middle of the night. But today was different. They had me take a rental car and drive for miles and miles on backroads along the New River to see job locations that I will have to go to in the future.

It was hard to keep my mind on the job. I was taken in by the beauty of the river and thinking about the thousands of big smallmouth in it. I was wishing I was in my kayak fishing for them instead of driving by. Still it was an enjoyable day at work for a change.

This seond picture is the Sandstone Falls north of Hinton, W.V.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Frogman

West Virginia, "Wild and Wonderful"!!

Call me if you get near Parkersburg!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

That sure does look like great smallmouth water.  Nothing like catching those smallmouth in water with current. Good photos, Big Ed. :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bigben

We fished the new river back in scouts. Stayed at a camp somewhere down that way. Reminded me of the susquehanna here at home. Nice pics
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Nice looking area, Ed.   See any coyote sign?

FinsnFur

Very cool :eyebrow:
Are those two ripple spots small dams or rocks?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Semp, Didn't see any coyote sign. Just deer tracks everywhere.

Jim, Those are just rocks. There was a dam upstream from there but I didn't go past it. There were several sets of big rapids in the river that looked like they might be tough to navigate. It's a big river. I was way up on top of a mountain when I took those pics.

slagmaker

Nice.

Sure is some beautifule country
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

looks like one heck of a fishing hole .

JohnP

Ed your making me jealous.  We only have one river down here and on most days you can step across it and hardly get the soles of your boots damp.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Beautiful country to gaze upon.  Glad you will be able to shuck the rat race Ed, and spend some time in a more scenic area.  Enjoy the moments!

Dave