• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Warriors!

Started by nastygunz, March 22, 2014, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

My aunt is the last survivor of my father and his siblings and told me this about my uncles:

" Both your uncles were in the navy. Conrad was in the Pacific. He was a gunner on a battleship. He sat in this chair with one leg on either side of the gun and shot at the Japanese. He said every 7th bullit was a tracer bullit so he used the lighted bullit to know where to aim.      Uncle Elliot was in the sea bees. He left England on Dec. 7th 1941 on a u boat and they were the first to land on the beach at Normandy. He ßaid he was never so scared in his life and he felt ashamed but when he looked around he saw men on their knees praying. Many men died on that day. He was one of the lucky ones."

possumal

By all accounts, that was one of the bloodiest days ever.  The Good Lord was with him that day.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyote101

God bless them.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Pretty amazing what you learn from your elders! All 4 of my mamas brothers served, back then men were men and did what was right. Sure as hell not like it is today. The further we get away from my uncles generation the worst this country gets! She also told me Conrad got a lot of grief as a boy from his brothers cuz his middle name was Valentino!

FinsnFur

Interesting. Isnt it cool when you find stuff like that out about your relatives?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 22, 2014, 08:38:03 PM
Interesting. Isnt it cool when you find stuff like that out about your relatives?

Yes it is Jim.  My dad and his two brothers served in WWII.  Dad was under General "Vinegar Joe" Stillwell, one Uncle was a POW and the other was wounded twice.  None has ever spoken a word about their experiences.  Dad stayed in the Burma Theater after Stillwell left and was under the command of General Frank Merrill which was named "Merrill'sMarauders," again he has never spoke a word about WWII.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs