• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cottonmouth in Lexington, Ky.

Started by possumal, May 24, 2014, 07:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Here is a picture taken by my son, Vincent, at the Andover Golf Course in Lexington where he is assistant professional. It is the first cottonmouth I have actually seen a picture of here.  I know they have them in Western Ky., but this is a new one for me.  He is a big one too.  Here is a picture:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

That snake exudes a dont mess with me vibe!

FinsnFur

Thats a good place for that snake if you ask me. Well....almost.
Lexington is just over 600 miles away from my front door, and thats about 400 miles too close. :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Probably hunting for some fresh baby possums.

Sent from my SGH-S730G using Tapatalk

riverboss

Looks like a big one! It needs a 5 iron used on its head. Hell id throw the whole bag at it as i was runnin away. I hATE SNAKES!!!  I shot a copper head at my pond last weekend, he was laying on a limb im not sure if i actually hit it or not as he fell into the water. But i will never go their unarmed again.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

possumal

Shotgun range is about as close as I want to get to that darned thing.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dale

Quote from: possumal on May 25, 2014, 10:14:53 AM
Shotgun range is about as close as I want to get to that darned thing.

that would make it a good snake...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

JohnP

Snakes are just a way of life out here, but I must admit that is a creepy looking creature.  I have only seen one and that was in N.Carolina.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I had cottonmouth once after I smoked a funny cigarette at a party!

possumal

Anybody have a pet mongoose?   :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

riverboss

I wonder why those religous snake handeling preachers dont use them in their services

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

JohnP

When I was stationed in Okinawa, every Friday night was mongoose and habu fight night.  I don't believe the habu ever won, yet a lot of people would bet on them.  Had an old Okinawan guy tell me that the Japanese brought them to the island during WWII in hopes that they would crawl into the foxholes of the Americans.  They are strictly nocturnal and that by itself was rather frighting.  He went on to tell us that after the war the Americans introduced the mongoose to rid the island of snakes.  What we didn't know at the time, or did know but ignored it, was that the mongoose is strictly a day time critter while the habu is a night time critter. 

I enjoyed my tour there, but I was there before we gave it  back to Japan.  Had an Army three star as high commissioner of the island.

When we had a tour in the Congo a lot of the people kept a mongoose as a deterrent against the cobra's.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs