• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Retirement and Move

Started by FOsteology, May 17, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

My wife has been wanting to retire for the past couple years. Found a buyer and they closed on her business yesterday afternoon. She's officially retired!

I retired from the state a couple years ago, but still do some work and consulting in the IT field. Aside from making a trip to Austin or San Antonio a couple times per month to consult, I'm able to run my business from home.

Glad I can basically "telecommute" as earlier this year we purchased a chunk of land outside Fredericksburg and started building. Looks like by the end of July or beginning of August we'll be settled into our new home.

Looking forward to it, but with the new ranchero I'm positive we'll both be busy enough not to have the "retirement" designation!

Hawks Feather

Fredericksburg as in Virginia, Ohio, or Texas.  Not that it really matters as I am sure you will enjoy your new place.

Jerry

FOsteology

Hawks Feather

I was afraid of that.  I thought maybe you would be up here with Glen and I.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Okanagan

Sounds like a good move!  Congratulations.  Hope you and your wife have many years to enjoy with more freedom, and health to enjoy them.

Friends from San Antonio took my wife and me to Fredericksburg when we were there a few years ago and we liked the town of course.  More substance and ongoing character than most quaint places tourists like to visit.  That hill country is beautiful.

I'm trying to remember the restaurant where we ate lunch; reputed to be good and it lived up to expectations.

FOsteology

Okanagan,

Yessir, Fredericksburg is certainly a quaint German town with numerous good places to eat and drink. The area is also home to numerous wineries. Up the road in Hye there's also the only bourbon distillery in Texas (Garrison Brothers).

Dave

Sounds great, Fos.  Wish you luck - sounds like you will enjoy working (on the ranchero) in your retirement!

FinsnFur

Sounds exciting. It would definitely be something to look forward too.
You've sure earned it. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com