• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's 2014 scuba trip pictures . . .

Started by Frogman, July 17, 2014, 07:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Here are some pictures from our 2014 trip to Capt. Don's Habitat on the island of Bonaire.  My underwater camera quit working last year so there are no uw photos.  I will post some U/W photos from some previous trips for you guys in another post.  This was our 28th consecutive year to have a group at Habitat. 

Above is the entrance to the office at the resort.  The flag is Capt. Don's flag.  Unfortunately Don passed away May 28 th.  He was 87.  We arrived June 21.

Above is Capt. Don's wife with her favorite photo of the Capt.

Above is our dive boat for the week.

Above are the two docks.  The larger one on the left is for the boats.  The smaller one on the right is for shore diving.  The reef right off the dock is really good!

Here are the locker rooms and scuba tanks.  We keep our dive gear in the lockers right near the water.  Tanks are available 24 hours a day.  All we have to do is suit up, grab a tank, and jump off the dock for a great dive.

Some divers getting ready to make a dive.

The swimming pool.

Some of our dive guides.

Our annual t-shirt commemorating Capt Don.

We had two boat dives per day and unlimited shore dives.  Habitat is a really nice dive resort with crystal clear water and beautiful reefs.  We had a great week!

Thats me on the right!

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.  I will post some u/w photos from some of our previous trips when I had an u/w camera!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Coulter

Super cool...I wish I could swim better. I would have went and got certified with my daughter. She would love your pics...she refuses to dive in Lake Erie and insists on holding out for some tropical salt water. I guess I can't blame her too much. :shrug:

Steve

Okanagan

Quote from: Coulter on July 18, 2014, 11:57:29 AM
Super cool...I wish I could swim better. I would have went and got certified with my daughter. She would love your pics...she refuses to dive in Lake Erie and insists on holding out for some tropical salt water. I guess I can't blame her too much. :shrug:

Steve

Nope, can't blame her.  IME Fresh water lake diving is soooo boring compared to even the most mundane salt water.   Diving white water river rapids has its own kind of interest but soon becomes like repeating a ride at Disneyland.  FWIW, some divers I know are lousy swimmers without wet suit, fins etc.   :laf: