• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sleeping winter Coyote

Started by FinsnFur, July 11, 2014, 05:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Seen this on our Wisconsin Wolf Hunt fb page this morning. Awesome shot. Actually it reminded me of Snafu :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Nice !!  I think he's still got one eye open though!

possumal

That's a serious camo job that rascal is wearing too.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

riverboss

Wow at first i thought the eyes were the coyote laying under a big brush pile. That is really a great shot.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

snafu

Cool pic! As I'm sure many know. Coyotes are light sleepers. Even when balled up "sleeping" They often open their eyes open. I've told people they tend to rest more than sleep. Unlike the Reds, who tend to conk out.

A few yrs ago Winter time. I was heading home after a hunt. A snow squall/mini blizzard was soon upon me. About 2 miles from home. I seen around 300yrds out. A few slivers of red. I thought what is that? So I stopped & put my binocs on it. Turned out it was a pr of reds balled up on a firm fence line drift. They were mosty covered with fresh snow from the squall. Looked just like this pic.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

JohnP

Nice picture - was that taken out here :innocentwhistle:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

Man that really looks different on a computer screen! On my phone its hard to make out. :doh2:

Coulter

Now that's cool...a stealthy coyote for sure!

Okanagan

Wow!  That one is REALLY covered in snow!   I saw one less so in Montana few years ago.  The wind was sweeping snow sideways as we drove a rural highway and the coyote was lying on the lip of a road cut at eye level with me as a passenger in a pickup.  The snow had started a few minutes earlier and he had a lighter coat of snow on him but was thoroughly covered.

Great capture in the photo posted!

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!