• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Headed to Oregon

Started by nor-cal yote, July 16, 2014, 03:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Headed to the Buzzard complex outside of Burns. Sounds like they have a few fires going. Its dry everywhere this year except here. Mostly sage and juniper for fuel, sounds like they have some structures threatened. Its been a slow season so far, glad to be getting out could use the money.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

Be careful and stay safe, first and formemost, I mean foremost. :biggrin:
Dont forget to bring us some pics.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I really wish that you got paid to just wait for a fire and never had to go.  Stay safe.

Jerry

nor-cal yote

Well got here this morning went to check in and get an assignment, they held us in camp all day...pretty bumed. Fire is almost 200,000 acres. Mostly sage brush and juniper. Had a good column on it for most of the day. I was ordered as a strike team leader of hand crews. I won't be digging fire line myself, just instructing others. I would rather lead from the front. I keep getting told too move into an overhead position so I will give it a chance.

Okanagan

Hardest work I ever did in my life was as a teenager fighting fire in the wheat and sage hills and canyons of eastern Oregon... and some of the most dangerous.  You can keep some of the younger ones safer, and more effective.

Coulter

Have a safe trip, and be safe playing with those fires!

Steve

JohnP

You are well aware of what happened to our Hotshot Crew out here, so you be safe out there. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nor-cal yote

Just worked a full shift then rolled to night shift...no rest for the wicked. John P. I knew a few of the Granite Mountain hot shots. I was friends with Eric Marsh the superintendent.