• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This is a neat call

Started by Brad H, April 04, 2007, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

Lady DIE made by Sly Dog. Just got it the other day. It's a coyote chirper made of warthog tusk. It mimics a 200 pound bird so to speak. I haven't messed with it much, but the operation might take a little practice to get down. I just thought this was a neat little call. Sly always does good work.

Hawks Feather

Brad,

I think I would be a little bit scared of what would come in to a 200 pound bird call.  Something like a 4,000 pound coyote.  At least you would be able to see and hear it coming.   :laf:  It is neat looking.

Jerry

THO Game Calls

You do know what a 200 pound bird says don't you?

"here kitty kitty kitty"

Cool looking call.   Warthog tusk  - huh - that's interesting.  Looks thin walled.   Like it would have great sounds.   Has some nice color to it too.  Great looking liitle call.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bob D

Hey Brad,
Nice call you got there. I was wondering if this call is set up to do the estrus chirp ? I don't know what exactly that is but I am interested in finding out?
Bob

Brad H

It is set up to do the estrous chirp. I haven't been much of a follower of that concept myself, and this isn't a conventional type call that's easily manipulated, I could tell that right away when I saw the micro mouthpiece.  But I'll play around with it and keep an open mind.

This tusk must be a sheath like a cowhorn I'm guessing.

Brad

Arkyyoter

Brad H

Very nice, Joe! :laf:

He got a little cuter with yours didn't he? :biggrin:

Brad

iahntr

Scott

keekee

Those are just plain cool!

Brent

seeinspots

o'l sly is coming here to ks on mon. to turkey hunt with me for a week, he better have MY call in his carry on bag LOL. he builds a a great call, i'm going to pick his brain on this estrous chirp sound i've been hearing about.

i'll keep you posted, kent

BryanStanley

I see I am not the only one who has one or 2  better make it 3 calls from slydog

bearmanric

i have quite a few of slys call's. i was sappose to get one of those. he 's been known to forgot about be for a while. Rick