Main Menu

first try

Started by kkbait, April 08, 2007, 08:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkbait

My first try at turning a call.   

FinsnFur

I like the wood, a lot.
I think for a first try you did pretty well kkbait.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Good lord that wood will make ya dizzy  :biggrin:

Looks good kkbait!

JD

Brad H

That's a different twist for sure.

I like it.

Brad

bearmanric

look's like it would call a coyote in. neat color and the way it twist. keep at it. look's better than my first. Rick

Todd Rahm

Heck just a JC reed by its self would call in a coyote, anything else ya add around it is bonus material.  :biggrin:

I like the shape, I like the way ya cut that laminate, heck I even like that laminate. If the top is the end of the barrel, I like the flare.

I can't see the inside and can't tell much about the finish with this pic, but for a first attemt it looks real good. Nice job.  :congrats:

keekee

Looks good dude! I sure like the wood!

Brent

CCP

Iam not crazy about the call style but I dang sure like the color and and twist of the wood.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

kkbait

thanks for the words of encouragement

HaMeR

WOW!! Don't know how I missed this one!! That's a cool looking stick of wood. :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

Keep it up.  And by all means, keep the pictures of your first calls.  They are fun to look at from time to time.  You can see that you an eye for style, and you will keep tinkering and tinkering until you come up with something that you realy like,

You did a good job turning that call.  It's hard to get those nice sharp lines where the flared end meets the barrel of the call.  You did pretty good on them.  The taper also liooks very well done, nice and even.

I think we got another call maker in the making!   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

BasinBoy