• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

College football playoffs are set!

Started by nailbender, December 07, 2014, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Bama was intense!!!!!!!! Helluva game for sure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Jerry-- I don't believe in the Buckeyes "#1" QB. I'm not a fan of him & hope he turns pro & leaves the team to JT Barrett.

All I want to know is >> Do the Buckeyes belong there now??!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Congratulation's to all you Buckeye fans they won the game fair and square and yes HaMer they deserve to be there. Several surprises this year but you never know until its over. cc

HaMeR

Thank You Carl. 3 out of 4 teams played some very good aggressive football. Which I think is what it's gonna take next week again. Not sure what OSU has for Oregon but I'm looking forward to the game.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HaMeR on January 02, 2015, 12:15:58 AM
Jerry-- I don't believe in the Buckeyes "#1" QB. I'm not a fan of him & hope he turns pro & leaves the team to JT Barrett.

I would like to see Barrett as the quarterback, but I would also like to see Miller there as a running back, but I don't think he would be interested in that.  I too have heard some talk of him going to another college team, but doubt if he would go very high (at least right now) if he went pro.

Jerry

possumal

I'll man up and eat a big helping of crow pie after last night's game.  A bunch of my sports fanatical friends thought I was crazy the past 3 years when I said Alabama's pass defense was way below par, but now it appears that all their defense was below par except their red zone defense.  Obviously, Blake Sims' skill level is way below what is required to be a top flight SEC quarterback.  Urban Meyer outcoached Saban in every aspect, and the offensive coordinator needs to pack his bags. For the past 6 weeks or so, I have said repeatedly that I thought Georgia was the best team in the SEC, and I still say that. :bowingsmilie:  I have heard for a long time that buckeyes were worthless nuts, but that sure wasn't true when put up or shut up time arrived. The championship game will be interesting.   :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

johnoh

Go Buckeyes. Darn the do play a little college football outside the SEC.

nailbender

Ok I'll say it.  Congratulations Buckeyes! :highclap: Those Bama boys let me down.  Big time. :doh2: Al pretty well summed it up. Wish Yeldon would have got more time on the field but I don't think he could have balanced out all the mistakes they made anyway.   You boys got a tough row to hoe against Oregon .  Good Luck!

nailbender

P.S. At least the weather was better down there. :laf:

HaMeR

The game was won/lost on 3rd down.

From where I sat I believe the difference was in the Buckeyes ability to put Alabama in 3rd & long consistently. I think Blake Sims is a very good QB that needs a little work. I'm not sure where he went wrong other than the INT. He is competitive & I thought he had a very good year considering it was his 1st year under center as "the man".

The Bama defense,, which has a suspect secondary in the safety position,,  couldn't stop OSU on 3rd & anything.

The 4th quarter HAD to have all you guys on the edge of your seat every time OSU started inside their own 5 yard line. I can't explain why but the Buckeyes were able to play with poise under such duress. Especially Cardale Jones.

The Bama defense played purdy damn good. But I don't think they were ready for the OSU wide receivers blocking the way they do in the run game. A wide receiver thru the block that sprung Elliott for the game clinching 85yd jaunt.

And Ezekial Elliott!!!!!!!!!  He has around 460yds on 40 or 42 caries in the last 2 games combined!!!! I don't know the exact numbers but he's averaging right close to 10yds per carry!!

Well done Alabama!!!! You were #1 for a lot of reasons!!! I have nothing but respect for the way they played the game cleanly & fought hard clear to the bitter end. Congratulations on another great year & I have no doubt you will be back hungrier than ever this Fall!!

Jerry-- Ezekial Elliott is a better running back without miller IMHO. Make him a tight end & now you have a beast at the position if he can learn to block.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

I was born in Oregon, worked a couple of ranches there summers during college, and like their style in spite of their uniforms.   :wink:

No sympathy for the overrated SEC. 

IMO having teams play each other has already shown how empty of serious credibility the past method of naming a national champion has been.  Clemson, TCU, and I suspect Boise State would surprise the establishment.

JohnP

Bama's punter was the best weapon they had on the field.  TCU and Boise both excellent teams and just maybe we need more than four teams in the playoffs. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

John P, you got that right for sure.  8 teams would be the right number. You would seldom leave out a team like TC with 8.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Carolina Coyote

One way to see if the SEC is overrated is for your team of choice to join the SEC.  :bowingsmilie: cc