• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

wuss Winter

Started by snafu, January 17, 2015, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Hang in there.  It's a next year kind of country.

We haven't had a tracking snow yet this winter, so I have done other things rather than blind call for cougars on spec.  Went to the Oregon beach last week with wife as a sure thing rather than slop around on rainy logging roads here.  Keep intending to head east and north till I hit dry snow and lynx tracks but the weather inland is also lousy for hunting and intentions are merely intentions.

This morning I was going to take the wife to see a lake with glaciers above it about an hour's drive from here, but sloppy rain and a cloud ceiling you can poke with a fishing rod put the kibosh on that.  Maybe wander to Costco and eat my way through the food samples...   :huh: :biggrin:

Take your camera and keep after them.

snafu

Okanagan, I'm a long time fox/coyote hunter. Which has nothing....zero...to do with lions. As for understanding their travel behaviors. There lies the rub. I've listened to/observed every sighting I've been told about. Some I know down to the yard. I've made wide intersecting loops & even cut through those search patterns. No sign whatsoever. I will never quit until I succeed or die from old codgers syndrome, whichever. 2 Winters & hundreds & hundreds of miles & not one track. It is as if they know where I hunt. The more I think about the above. I'm now convinced the crows are involved, some how.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

snafu

Oh here is a kicker. 2 days ago during the big melt. A small town around 30 miles to my SouEast. A friend of a woman I know who lives in the middle of that town. Just happened to look out her window around 0915. There she seen a lion walking right through town. 6+ hrs later I was told of this. So I hauled butt over there. I met her husband & we found the track. Although the tracks were melted bad. No doubt to me it was a lion.   
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Dave

Lady friends
Walking through the middle of town
Sounds more like an old Cougar looking for a man! 
Be careful snafu    :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com