• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ice-Bow!

Started by nastygunz, February 14, 2016, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Looks like a good supper is about ready.

Jerry

pitw

Good looking fish Nasty. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Amazes me that they can stay fit and healthy like that at all colored up living under the ice in extreme temperatures all winter.

FinsnFur

I've never seen a rainbow pulled through the ice :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Nice fish.  :congrats: I believe I would be wearing more clothes if I was fishing through a hole in the ice.  :laf:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

When your 14 your impervious to fatigue, temperatures and reason :biggrin: :innocentwhistle: :alscalls:

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 15, 2016, 05:11:35 AM
I've never seen a rainbow pulled through the ice :highclap:

When we lived in the interior of BC, rainbows caught through the ice averaged bigger than summer caught fish, a  lot of 3-10 lb. fish, not sure why.  I didn't ice fish much but enjoyed the few times I went.  Lying on a closed cell foam pad with a blanket over my head and the hole, in sunlight we could watch big rainbows in the clear water and see how they took the bait, etc.  One time on a still night in early Dec. when the ice froze smooth and clear, my kids and I walked on the ice like a glass window and followed one big five pound rainbow as it swam along under us.  The fish didn't like it and though it never zoomed away, it followed the bottom out to water 20-25 feet deep where we could not see it any more.

nastygunz

They catch some huge lake trout through the ice up here every year.

HaMeR

Quote from: nastygunz on February 15, 2016, 12:12:26 PM
They catch some huge lake trout through the ice up here every year.

:madd:  :madd:  THATS why I said to use the 16" auger son!!!!!!!!!  :rolleye: :rolleye:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

Thats what she said! :alscalls: :yoyo:

Dave

Nice looking trout! 
Makes me want to get out.