• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Grandpa's wisdom

Started by snafu, September 28, 2016, 11:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

Grandparents from Misery were visiting one bitter cold Winter day. Grandpa was a man of few words & wore a suit no matter what day or time of day it was. I was 17 at the time, a regular young run of the mill Einstein. Grandpa steps outside & takes a look around. Then came back in & informed me. I have a flat front tire on my old beater 1950 ford pick-up.

Not having any hub caps on any wheel. The lug nuts were a tad froze/rusted on. Grandpa standing behind me watching me change the tire. Dressed in only his suit, no hat, no coat. Did I mention it was cold out with a stout biting wind? Anyway...he was dead silent as he watched me. Well the regular 4-way tire iron wasn't cutting it so. I went into the garage to get the long handled 4-way wrench. For more "torque"...ya know.

All right, all the lug nuts are loose now. But the top one. So here I am, one end of the wrench pushing down, the other end pulling up with all my might. (Note; part of my frozen face was hovering over the top of the wide/THICK steel fender).

Suddenly the nut snapped loose, suddenly like a bolt of lightening. My partially frozen face, like a guided laser beam. Slams onto the top of the stone cold fender. FYI....A 1950 Ford pick-up front fender. There is no give what so ever, when it comes to impacting the human face. Impact resulted in a standing TKO....Truck-1, me-0. I remained on my feet still semi-conscious. But I could not see, nor feel my face. Maybe a minute later(could've been an hour? who knows)...After rubbing my face to regain consciousness. I turn to see Grandpa still standing there silently.

Then the old wise, quiet man of few words...suddenly said, "What did you do that for?"
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

slagmaker

I have been asked the same question.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I like when you suffer a catastrophic physical impact and some good meaning soul says are "you all right?"

FinsnFur

:alscalls: :laugh2:  what did you say Barry?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

I blame a lack of synaptic conductivity of situational awareness. Otherwise, I temporarily? plead insanity, whichever.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"