• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Giddy....like a little kid!!

Started by Arkyyoter, April 16, 2007, 07:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Guys....I am so excited this morning...like a little kid!! I know I am way too old, but......I don't care  :highclap:

This next week or so is going to be awesome!! I have a new lathe coming ( with an indexing head), new mandrels ( various sizes)...a load of antler ( elk and whitetail), a bunch of Water Buffalo horn, some River Buffalo horn, some super secret horn  :eyebrow:, some very nice woods...( found a place that has KILLER burls and exotics), two batches of ebony, several styles/kinds of metal acccent bands, a new compound sliding vice for my drill press....whew!!!!!!  :biggrin:  I probably forgot something.....but you get the picture.....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!  :yoyo:

Joe

MattS

Dam Joe, your credit cards must be smoking after all of that.  Sounds like we will be seeing a lot more new stuff coming from you soon.  I can't wait.

FinsnFur

Where'd you come up with the Super Secret horn?
We had a recent incident where two Super Secrets were poached during the night, and when the DNR arrived on the scene they discovered the Super Secrets were only killed to harvest the horn.

There was a $25000 reward issued, and not a suspect to this day.

Not saying that you did it Joe  :iroll: But with with Super Secrets recently added to the endangered list, those horns had to cost you a fortune.
So now I ask you...are they authentic?  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Super secrets... :roflmao:

Killin me here!!

Awesome Joe, can't wait to see what you work up. 

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Todd Rahm

Ya know if ya sold TOP SECRET it would give ya extra money for that secret horn stuffy.  :innocentwhistle:

I don't know for sure what ya mean  by indexing, and have no clue what a mandrel thingymebop is, but it sure sounds like ya found Grandpas stash of girly magazines.  :roflmao:

vvarmitr

I know what ya mean Joe! :wink:  I'm happy & excited for ya too. :highclap:

I'm getting a little giddy anticipating the calls you'll be doing. :biggrin: :eyebrow: :biggrin: :eyebrow:

THO Game Calls

I think  you are going to like that Rikon Joe - the one I saw looked like a very nice machine.  I'm close to getting one myself.  The spindle in one of mine is about shot and by the time I replace it and the bearings, I'm looking at about 60 bucks - 140 more would get me a new lathe and I could use the old one for a buffing station.

Hmmmm - - 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

HaMeR

Thos should be good!!  Can't wait. :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....Al...that's EXACTLY what I am going to do...use the old one for buffing/finishing.......

Joe

Bopeye

I'm happy for you..........sounds like Christmas time
Foxpro Staff Infection Free