• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My new hunting partner...

Started by Coulter, April 25, 2007, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I had to make myself a little something for the season opener this weekend :biggrin: This is a short box made from bloodwood and highly figured maple. She sounds pretty sweet, I can't wait for the weekend :biggrin: :biggrin: I couldn't wait to get pics of it, I took the lazy route without the light tent :rolleye:

Hawks Feather

The weekend will be here before you know it and then watch out!

Jerry

FinsnFur

Hey I like that  :congrats:
For being in such a big hurry it sure turned out nice Steve
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

wow thats awesome how much do ya sell those fer  :eyebrow:

iahntr

Very nice looking call. I like the added touch of the inlays. :congrats:
Scott

Coulter

Well Bowjunkie...it is a turkey call so I'm figuring I can probably get $2300 for each one. Yeah right! In reality I will be asking $45 for the short boxes and $60 for the long boxes. I decided I am only going to make 16 of the shorts and 17 of the longs per year though. I was going to quit making them altogether, but everybody seems to want one.

Thanks for the kind words,
Steve

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cb223

That's a nice lookin box call. I like it. How many have you made so far this year I might be interested in one of them. Do you have pics of your long box's?
CHAD

Coulter

cb,

I have been busy making other calls up until this point, now I can't seem to break away from turkey calls. I have only made two of the short boxes and have not yet made any of the long boxes this year. I will be getting started on them here in the next week or so. I have some orders to fill. I will post a pic of one of the long boxes when it is done. Give me a holler if you want to get on "the list" :wink:

Steve

Bopeye

If I turkey hunted I would want one for sure.......... :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ninthinning

I have a growing collection of turkey boxes,  would like to add one of yours similiar to the one in the picture.  Made a few myself,  looked like a chainsaw artist made them.  One has been on the dash of my pickup every day for years and it just seems to get better and better sounding.  Its worn and scratched and dinged but I can always count on it to function perfectly.
You use some pretty amazing woods.  How do you sculpt the lid?
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8