• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Mandrels

Started by Arkyyoter, April 17, 2007, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Mandrels......my Quackerstackewr amndrels came today.....I got 4...at least 2 of which are custom....they are the bomb!! If ya'll are in need of a quality, custom made mandrel of the highest quality.....give old Steve a call....I will post some pics later....can't get to my computer....wife is on it...has been all day LOL!!!

Joe

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Look forward to the pics Joe.  Curious to see what ya got.
Scott

bearmanric

was going to get some never heard back from guy on custom call's. i'll look into it tomorrow. dont like the River mallard one's i have now. Rick

Braz

Quote from: Arkyyoter on April 17, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
Mandrels......my Quackerstackewr amndrels came today.....I got 4...at least 2 of which are custom....they are the bomb!! If ya'll are in need of a quality, custom made mandrel of the highest quality.....give old Steve a call....I will post some pics later....can't get to my computer....wife is on it...has been all day LOL!!!

Joe

Would love to see some pictures of the mandrels in action. With different types of calls and configurations. Would give me a good idea of how they are used and maybe convience me to purchase some. Thanks.
Braz

Hawks Feather

Joe,

This could be a new business for you.  You could start selling mandrels for Steve and call it Middle Man Mandrels or 3M for short.

Jerry

THO Game Calls

If things go right Jerry, I will be carrying Steve's mandrals in my store. 

I have mandrals by a couple different folks, and the ones Steve sells are the best I have used.  He has a couple of unique ones that are super for sanding a call. 

I will try to get a few pictures of them up over the weekend if I can.

I finally got around to working on a trick I had read about a long tme ago for making perfect tenons every time.  I will see about sharing that one too.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Coulter

Al...are you holding tricks back on us? Come on let's here it :innocentwhistle:

THO Game Calls

Steve,

it was posted on CCO a couple weeks ago.  Something I had heard of a while back and thought it was a neat idea and finally got around to testing it.  Liked the results so time to work something up for everyone.

Hint - it's the wrench trick

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Arkyyoter

I will try to get some pics up of 'em.....been very busy with family of late....

Joe

ninthinning

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Arkyyoter

OK !!!! OK!!!!!!! Here they are!!!!!!  :wink: :biggrin: :sneer:

The two shorter ones were designed for my style of turning...the longer ones are more standardized....he did great work, and I will soon have him building more!!!

Both sets are (1) 1/2 inch and (1) 5/8 inch.....

Joe

Hawks Feather

I am sure that these help, and thanks for posting the pics, but I think the calls that you and Al make look the way they do because of the person at the lathe and not necessarily the mandrel being used.

Jerry

Arkyyoter

Yo are very kind Jerry....too kind as a matter of fact. I ain't even in the same league with most of ya'll.....but I am learning every day!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Joe,

"I ain't even in the same league with most of ya'll."  You just keep telling yourself that and someday maybe you will believe it.  But the rest of us won't believe it.

Jerry

bearmanric

going to order a couple the end of this week. ran out of money. went to a big wood show here was  awsome. got a bunch of good wood from cook's wood. and a few goodie's. mandrel's  look good. RICK

iahntr

Thanks for sharin the pics. They look good !
Scott