• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A freebie

Started by awh, April 30, 2007, 08:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Had a guy on another forum sent me an email on the Maple call I made a few weeks ago. He liked it and wanted me to make him a couple of calls as he was just getting into hunting predators. So we talked a few times and he pretty much left it up to me on the wood and shape. He said he just wanted two calls?
So I slapped a bigger fuse in the lathe yesterday afternoon to see if it was going to work, which it did (Knock on wood...) and spun this one real quick. I figured I would give it to the guy since he is just an hour up the road and since he was the first person to ask me to make a call verses Cameron.
I still have to set the reed and tune it, and seal the inside. And I have to turn his two calls he wants as well. Just letting Lil-man get caught up first as it's "his lathe", and he reminded me of that this weekend.....again.LOl

Tell me what ya think. Reckon the guy will like his freebie?

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Arkyyoter

Pretty wood...what is it??

Joe

awh

I have no idea Joe. 9th sent Cam a box of wood a while back and this piece was already drilled in the bottom of the box. It was off center a bit , that's why the thing is so narrow.  Cam told me to try it out so we could see if the larger fuse was going to mess the lathe up and that's the piece he handed me. It was easy to turn and sanded out nice. Some type of ebony maybe???
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

iahntr

That's cool. Anybody that doesn't like a free call, well there would be a problem. :biggrin: Glad the lathe is workin ( keep fingers crossed ), what a pain :madd:. That would have been my guess on the wood, Macassar ebony maybe.
Scott

HaMeR

Thats a nice call. Looks like it fits the hand real well. I like that in a call.

But the price is a little steep!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

Nice - looks like a little horn or something.  Cool design and nice finish.   He'll be happy with it I am sure.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results