• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rosewood Burl Update

Started by Hawks Feather, May 03, 2007, 01:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I didn't have any luck early this morning in the fields so I came back and continued working on the Burl.  It is still not totally finished, but it seems to be turning out to be a "not that bad" a looking call.  There was plenty of natural sunlight this afternoon so I was able to get what I think is a decent picture of the burl.

Jerry

CypressSlough

Jerry, that call is awesome. I love the contrast in the sap wood and heart wood. I might have to take it off your hands if it's available.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Brad H

Neat looknig stuff!

Will you be making more of those?

Brad

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bob D

That is nice looking and I like the style of call you make. Looks like it would be easy to hold and work with.
Bob

vvarmitr

Ya know Jerry, seeing that call makes think I need an open reed call from you. :innocentwhistle:

BasinBoy

Arkyyoter

That's a beautiful piece of wood Yerry!!!!!

cb223

CHAD

bowjunkie

now thats Fraeking awesome right there "hint hint "   :eyebrow:

keekee

WOW! That turned out very nice Jerry!

Brent

Todd Rahm

Man, its some perty wood if'n can figure a away o make it work.  :congrats:

Hawks Feather

I have a couple more pieces of this, but want to give this piece some time to "mature" and see if there are any problems before I make more.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I like that. Reminds me of a half eaten malted milk ball  :shrug: :eyebrownod:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Pilgrim

As you probably know, I'm partial to burl.    That's some perrrty burl there.     Gorgeous call, Jerry.

iahntr

:highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: Beautiful  call !! Worth the effort, you wouldn't have a problem gettin rid of those!
Scott

Nelson

That is a really nice call!!!!!!!!!

Nelson