• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Warrior Blood!

Started by nastygunz, April 14, 2020, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

The two young bucks on the left are my uncle Elliot and uncle Connie who both are World War II veterans. The one on the far left hit the beach on Normandy  when he was 18 years old.  Both of them were at Pearl Harbor when it got bombed.  The strapping lad on the right  is my cousin Barry who is a Vietnam veteran.  They are all gone now. They were famous for their stonewalls and buildings they built all over New England.  I think that picture was from an article done about them in Yankee magazine.   My dad who was a mighty tough man himself said uncle Connie was the toughest man he ever knew probably because his middle name was Valentino ha ha.

Hawks Feather

Valentino is better than Sue.

FinsnFur

Or maybe because he worked with skinny jeans and sandals.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

:alscalls:  I wouldn't think sandals would go good with the stonework  :biggrin:

HaMeR

Bet he didn't drop many of them!  :nono: :nono:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I just remembered my uncle Elliot had a really big nice place out in the country and he had a big pond behind his house man-made and a river on the other side and him and my uncle Connie and my father used to sit out on the back deck and get drunk and pass  shoot ducks and geese flying back-and-forth between the pond and the river  :yoyo:

JohnP

nasty - Thanks for posting that little bit of history about your family, I enjoyed reading it. My dad and two uncles also served in WWII and like yours are no longer with us.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs