• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Neigbhors.

Started by nastygunz, February 12, 2022, 04:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

My niece and her husband and kids have a neighbor who is a well seasoned gentleman in his mid-70s and a veteran. He has a lot of physical disabilities and doesn’t have any family in the area so they have kind of stepped up and helped him out. They mow his lawn in the summertime and shovel his snow in the winter time and help him in a lot of other ways. In the warm weather he really enjoys sitting out on the porch and playing cribbage with my niece. And occasionally he likes to sit out and have a beer with my nephew-in-law.

That’s kind of how it used to be in the old days neighbors helping neighbors and I am proud of her and her family especially for helping out an elderly veteran. It gives me hope that today’s youth arent a complete waste of space.

* I also like the fact that after the older boy mowed his lawn for him the old guy tried to give him some money and the kids father said he don’t need no money he’s got plenty of food and a roof over his head! Ha ha.

Hawks Feather

Great thing that the family is doing for him and I am sure that he appreciates it.

nastygunz

Well life can sure turn on a dime,  the old guy was cooking french fries in oil in a frying pan on his stove and took the french fries out when they were done and forgot to turn the stove off and had a grease fire and burned his house to the ground today.

Hawks Feather

That is so sad. Now he has lost all of his 'physical' memories of his life.

chieftain

FinsnFur

Wow that escalated quickly. Bitter sweet but he made it out alive.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Terrible… he stayed at my nieces while they were fighting the fire and then finally a relative came and picked him up. Hard thing to deal with especially at his age.

pitw

Well that plain old sucks.  Hope he finds a place to live with some dignity.
I say what I think not think what I say.