• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Morel mushrooms in our flower bed

Started by Okanagan, May 05, 2023, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Yesterday afternoon was talking with my son and grandson outside our house when my son exclaimed, "Morels!" and bent down.  In the flower bed beside the walk some beautiful big morel mushrooms were in perfect condition.  He picked five nice ones, including one really big one.  They are the black variety and as perfect as they get.  I went right in the house, found a package of venison tenderloin plus a package of backstrap medallion steaks, and cooked us up the whole batch with a smidge of bacon for flavor.

The mushrooms make a gravy, natch, and I'd forgotten how delicious that combo is. Never thought to take a pic. Burp!

Grandson Cody told us that there are lots of morels where he works. I asked him to pick a bag of them for me if convienent.

Hawks Feather

Suggest he pick several bags just in case you get company.

FinsnFur

Nice! They must have been huge for only five of them to compliment a meal that size. I'm jealous
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 05, 2023, 10:16:23 PMNice! They must have been huge for only five of them to compliment a meal that size. I'm jealous

They were big ones but not enough to make a meal for three of us.  But we all got a decent sample of that good taste, kind of a big appetizer before supper. :biggrin: