• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Anybody...

Started by nastygunz, September 24, 2024, 04:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Hawks Feather

I think the US Navy has one on a cruiser.

nastygunz

More commonly known as a .410 bore :eyebrow:

"Incidentally, the .410 is the only popular shotshell that uses bore diameter instead of gauge. Gauge is a measure of the number of lead balls the same diameter as the shotgun's bore that are equivalent to one pound. The .410 would be a 67-gauge shotgun, meaning 67 lead balls .410-inch in diameter weigh one pound."

bigben

well i have a few.  finiding hunting ammunition is tough.  A lot of 3" 9 shot out there that is not tss.  be nice to find some 6-7 shot in 3" mags. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I've always been a 410 hunter, back a few years ago everybody was using 12 gauge and you could buy 410 cheap now with the 410 craze the price is skyrocketed if you can even find any. I laid in a pretty good stockpile but I definitely don't use it for target shooting.

bigben

When I was a kid we had a bolt action .410 I used to use.  Killed a boat load of skwirl with it and even wing shot some pheasants.  The two .410 I own are the double badger and a savage single shot for turkey.  I like it for skwirl.  Too many times I wished I had a shotgun while I had the rifle and vice versa.  I did lighten the trigger on the badger.  It still needs a little more. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

My first gun I ever had was a Mossberg bolt action 410. Many a squirrel rabbit and grouse met its end with that thunderstick. I need to get out and try that new contender barrel.

bigben

I think this one was a stevens or savage

nastygunz

Now I'm thinking I need to hunt me down a 410 bolt action for the collection :biggrin:

pitw

I bought a lever action  years ago.  Useless gun that I sold to my buddy who has somewhere North of 60 of them guns.  Been hunting with one since I was a tad and the remington pump is my go to goose gun with smokeless powder.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Years ago I negotiated with this guy who had a mossberg bolt action shotgun in every caliber, I was going to buy the whole collection but we couldn't come to terms on a price.