• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lost, Found, Finished!

Started by HuntnCarve, June 08, 2007, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

You all will get a kick out of this one.  I started this call a few months back.  I set it down on the work bench, and it dissappeared!  I ended up forgetting all about it, until I read a post on the other board about an alligator call.  Well after interogating my thieving friends (so called hunting buddies) and coming up empty? -(I still question their innocence???)   I listened to the wife, and cleaned up my work bench.  " Hey!  looky here, there's one  of my carving knives I lost!  Hmm, a couple of calls I started, never finished??  One of the wife's good spoons with epoxy dried on it?  -No need mentioning that to her.... Ah ha!  The gator call!"   
Well a short time later, I got it done!  It's a 3" elk antler closed reed that incorporates the natural texture of the antler for some of the hide.  Well atleast that's the plan.  Anyway, thought you folks might like to see it?
The work bench is still in a state of disarray according to the wife??  -I found no sense in continuing the clean up effort after I found the call!  That would be like finding a missing hiker in the woods.. Then continuing the search just incase another hiker might be out there!  Oh well, thanks for looking!
Dave

KySongDog

That's neat and different. Me likes it!!    :yoyo:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

That is cool ! The natural antler does work well into the hide of the gator  :yoyo:
Scott

FinsnFur

Eyyyy I like that. Pretty cool and nicely done. What sparked the idea?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WhiteHare

SuuuPerrrb.  :highclap:

I am amazed every time I see one of your creations.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Hawks Feather

Dave,

I sure am glad that you found and finished this one.  It looks like it could take a chunk out of someone if it wanted to.  It looks that real.

Jerry

FinsnFur

The more I look at it I realize those teeth are actually cut out  :shck: So com'on Dave how'd ya do that  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

FnF,

I'm always looking for things to carve into a call.  On this one, I believe I started it after watching a show on Discovery about gators.  Roughed it out, set it down, and promptly lost it.  Something more pressing probably came along, and I just lost track of it all together.  That post on the other board that I mentioned, jogged the memory....Some shop time, lost in thought, produced the rest...
The call is solid elk.  The teeth are invidually carved.  Pretty simple actually with the right bit and the SCM tool I use.  Of course I use a magnifier (Optivisors) so I can see what I am doing.  That's about it!
Dave

Todd Rahm

keekee

Thats just flat ASS cool Dave!

Brent

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

ohiobob

That thing would definately spark a conversation,,especially if you tell someone you bought it in Florida and CALLED an
Ally Gator In  :doh2: It would REALLY work better if you were wearing some Alligator Boots  :biggrin:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Lonehowl

Pilgrim

Talent!   I love your calls.   Very unique.

cb223

CHAD