• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My last big coyote for this season

Started by possumal, May 30, 2007, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

I didn't get to go much for the past three months due to a back injury, but I did get out on April 24. I posted a picture of this big rascal under the heading "Hunting light for a heavy male" in a couple of other forums. I just wanted you guys to see how much bigger through the chest this guy was than some of the other big ones I have posted.  I used nothing but my Cronk Killer Call and a small funnel to howl him in. He weighed 54 lbs, and was for sure the alpha male on this particular farm.  The farmer was losing calves right and left, and this big rascal and his pack were no doubt the guilty yotes. They kill a lot of fawns in this particular area too, but he won't kill any more of anything.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

awh

Small funnel? You have to tell. My mind is going through every gear trying to figure that one out... :confused:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

possumal

First time I saw this trick was on one of the original Gerry Blair Predator Masters tapes. His buddy, Larry Gates used a funnel in conjunction with an open reed call to make his favorite howler.  Ed Sceery put out a howler with a screw off funnel that I have used many times to blow my hand calls through on windy days. Makes your sounds reach out better.  Primos is putting out such a funnel now with a couple of mouth diaphragms.  Any small funnel like the kids sell popcorn in at the ball games will work, as long as the opening in the small part is big enough to accept the front end of your call.  With the Sceery howler, I used to screw the big end off and use just the short part for close in howling.  I am reasonably sure that Johnny Stewart had one designed like that too. The funnel that Larry Gates used was just a regular funnel like the buy at a hardware store.  I like the compact one as it is easier to transport in your fanny pack. I can post a picture of the set up if you want me to.  You can go to www.Primos.com and see the funnel deal they offer. It appears to be the same thing they used with the Mini Mag Howler.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CCP

Nice coyote AL I like the pic's keep em comin.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

keekee

Very nice Coyote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

UnleashedFury

ErictheRed

That is a monster.  I have never killed a coyote anywhere near that big.