• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Something Different

Started by FOsteology, July 20, 2007, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

I live in South Central Texas, and here, as well as the hill country, we have allot of these nocturnal buggars. Not sure how widespread these critters are outside Texas, so figured I' post a picture as I'm sure of you will scratch your head and say, "what the heck is that!"

I called this one in for some teenagers who were sharing a hunting camp with us a couple years ago. Used a squeaker.

Hawks Feather

My guess is going to be a Ringtail.

Jerry

awh

yeap. Ring tail is my guess to. Don't have them here, but if ya can call them & shoot them, I wish we did.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FOsteology

awh

Think about it Jerry....Cats that you can legally shot..... :biggrin: Man o man would that be some fun.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

They're fast as hell on those stubby legs!

Hawks Feather

Fast yes, but, unlike Superman, not faster than a speeding bullet.   :biggrin:

We don't have them around here either, but I have seen them when visiting the relatives.  I just have to settle for the common feral cats around here.

Jerry

FOsteology

Man..... don't get me started on feral cats....  :argh:

I live in a rural community, outside the "city". Seems folks in town like to dump their unwanted cats off in my area. I raise quail and other fowl..... damn cats are a problem. I get my share of "target" practice.....

ohiobob

I was gonna guess some 19 Year old Girl's furby (sounds naughty doesnt it) got thrown outside,,but I guess it is a Ringtail Cat,,hey FOS do you think they will live in Snow ??? if so How about shipping me a few up here to Ohio so I can let them loose to Pro recreate,,oh wait,,thats Procreate isnt it,,well IF I am doing it,,it is Recreation  :laf:sort of along the lines of KeeKee's "Big Pompano" havent had it in awhile  :laf:
BUT ship some up here and I will let them Breed and then turn them loose and HOPE like hell the ODNR doesn't find out  :laf: so what do ya say Fos ???
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

keekee

Good looking Ring tail! I know AZ has them in certain areas. We made a few sets for them but there tough to call in the daylight and you can night hunt in AZ.

Are you in East TX FO? Were going to be down there in JAN.

Brent

FOsteology

Brent,

I'm out in South Central Texas. Live not too far away from San Antonio.

Hawks Feather

Fos,

If I would have known where you lived you would have had a visitor.  My sister-in-law and her husband have a place just north of San Antonio.  We were there just over a year ago for a conference and then spent a week at their place.  Maybe next trip.

Jerry

vvarmitr

San Antonio? YUCK! Spent a week there one day in Feb. this year.

8th largest city in the US of A.  Around here we call it urban sprawl.

Plus they have one of the luckiest basketball teams around. :iroll: