• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sumpin' kinda interesting...

Started by Arkyyoter, August 21, 2007, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Hi guys....I know I spent WAY too much time on this one today, but I like it anyway!!

The call body is from a large straight and solid piece of buffalo horn. It is turned and fitted with a stainless steel accent band, which besides being pretty, keeps the horn from splitting out.

The insert is a piece of pearlized acrylic, in the "Silver Snake" pattern. It is fitted with dual "O" rings of neoprene for security, a JC reed sleeve, and a brass JC reed...tuned a sweet sounding cottontail. It is EXTREMELY easy to blow, taking minimal air...the large tapered opening in the call body, flowing into a tapered intake in the insert makes it sooo easy.

I know it is a little radical...but the proof is in the pudding!!!

PS....I also fitted it with one of Buck's Mallard Magic, double reed inserts...so it makes a very nice duck call as well
:biggrin:

I hope ya'll like it as much as I do...

Joe

FinsnFur

Showoff!  :iroll:

Actually, I like it. pretty innovative.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

Joe that is AWESOME!! You have outdone yourself again.  I like it.  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
CHAD

bowjunkie

Hawks Feather

Oh NO.  Joe has gone to the duck side.  What will happen next?  I suppose he will make another great call.

Jerry

GroundChuck

Joe your calls look good as always
There's nothing I can't do,I just haven't done it yet.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yoe,

Nice call, you do some nice things with that buffalo horn.  Always fun for me to see your work sir!

Yoey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Silencer

Awesome call  !!!  Gettin' into duck calls  :wo: ??  I could do some testin' this fall for ya  :eyebrow:  I just picked up a BG double nasty 2 and tall timber 2   :wink: