• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The call that was supposed to be.....

Started by iahntr, August 25, 2007, 10:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

put up for sale today. :mad3: :argh: :sad3:  I was thinking about doin a little auction on this one. I like the spalted stuff, and really liked this little call. Although I had been fighting it since the very beginning, and I couldn't get the finish on it that I wanted. To make a long story short, I was trying to put the "finishing touches" on it, and cracked the bell end of the call.  :doh2: It goes about 3/4" up the side. I glued it up, it basically looks like another very small spalt line, and I don't believe it will affect the call, but I know it's there! So I guess this one will probably just have to go on my lanyard.  :sad: Anyways, I've been yappin about puttin some calls up, so I thought I better at least share this one with you all so ya knew I wasn't just jerkin ya.  :eyebrownod:      Scott

(I do have e few others I'm gonna try and get up for sale)
(still workin on my pictures too, and as with all my calls, any question, comments, suggestions, are appreciated. Thanks)

Scott

FinsnFur

Too bad about the crack, that is a nice looking product right there  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Nice shape to that one. Sure is different. I like that spalted look. Nicely Done!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bowjunkie

Holy smokers ya been holden out thats a dang nice looker ya got can't wait to get my hands on one  :biggrin:

CypressSlough

Scott, that's one of the nicest calls I've seen in awhile. Get to turning out some more.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

Thats one of the best spaltings I have ever saw..................sorry to hear it cracked...............real sorry actually.  :rolleye:

iahntr

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, I appreciate it. I was perty bummed when it happened. I have wood from this same stick to maybe do two more (if I don't screw them up) , we'll have to see what they look like when they get turned down.
Scott
Scott

HaMeR

I don't think anybody would mind owning that call at all Scott. It's a real nice call & you've been honest about it. I think you could sell it for a modest $$ amount & the buyer would get a very nice call. I know I wouldn't mind paying for it even with a small defect. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for that maple. I think that stuff looks really cool. It reminds me of a topo map!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

awh

Beautiful call Scott. Like Hamer said, you were honest about it, put it up for sale. Ya know your lanyard is full anyway..... :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bopeye

What a shame about the crack........it is a nice looking call.   :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free