• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A Big "Thank You" to Capt Doug - our own Orion

Started by THO Game Calls, October 15, 2007, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

The last week has been somewhat of a blur.  Manny of you might not know that starting last Wednesday we took the THOGameCalls.com web site down and completely rebuilt it from the ground up, including the shopping cart, taking new pictures of the products and well - we finished on Sunday afternoon.

So this morning I decided that I best open all the mail from last week that was sitting on the desk.  There was a wonderful note from Comcast reminding me I was a dead beat and hadn't paid last months bill - some new targets for the range in the form of John Edwards for President Brochures and this little brown padded envelope.   

Inside that envelope were these two jewels from Orion - our own Capt. Doug.   (Who is so short right now he could probably sit on a dime and dangle his legs over the side (you would have had to been in the military to understand that one but he knows what I mean)

Both of these calls are very well done.  The closed reed has a wonderful high pitched raspy sound to it, perfect for calling coyotes in cottontail country, and the open reed, small as it seems, has a very nice loud jack rabbit sound as well as some great cottontail sounds.   They are well finished inside and out, and just the right size to fit in your hand and still allow you to use your last couple fingers to vary the sound.  I'd almost put these in my call bag, but they are going to go on the shelf with the other special calls I have received from other great call makers.   

So, thank you Orion for the two calls.  They will have a special place in my collection.

If you guys dont have one of his calls, you are missing out.  There are a ton of good calls out there, and these are at the top of the heap for sure,

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

I have 2 of Orion's calls coming,and I am like a kid at Christmas time

Looks like you got a nice set of calls there Al

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

I've been watching him  :eyebrow:
Looks like you got some dandys there too  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowslinger

i have two calls of his plus a coon call coming ever day i come home i ask if the call has came yet he did a lot of work on that coon call for me

iahntr

Scott

Orion

AL - you are toooo kind, but I do appreciate the comments.  And once again thanks for putting up with all my questions on call making as I got started.  Your thoughts and recommendations are spot on and it is obvious from reading several boards that you are very respected in the business.
Short may be an over statement.  13 days and a wake up and my 26 years in the Navy flying the P-3C "ORION' will come to an end.  I consider it an honor to have severed this long and look forward to some time off "field testing" calls in the Midwest before going back to work after the new year. 

Thanks again,

Doug
"ORION" Calls
Doug
ORION Calls
Call for the Hunter
orion@orioncalls.com