• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Here's one that is on E bay - you might get a good deal

Started by THO Game Calls, October 15, 2007, 06:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

I put this one on E bay today.   You might get a great deal on it by the end of the week.   

Olivewood barrel and Kingwood Mouthpiece

The link to the e bay auction is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170159211678&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

For those of you who have web sites, e bay is a good way to drive traffic to your web site.  If you look at my listing, at the bottom it says to go to my ME page.   Look there and you will see a link right to my web site.   This is completly legal on E bay, and it does bring people to your site that might not visit the boards and know about your calls.   

If any of you would like help making a Me page, give me a shout and I will be glad to help you out.  They are very easy and....effective.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Don't think it hasn't already been noticed.  :innocentwhistle:

But, Man, I'm still drooling over the new ones on your site.  :shck: :sick2: ;yes;

Bills Custom Calls

I think the great deal just went out the window

but it will still be a deal :wink:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

DirtyDog

Awsome Al........

Todd.......I agree

Bill........good luck.

:sneer:

Troy Walter

Coulter

That sure is a beaut Al...If I ever finish my website I was planning on utilizing E-bay as a sort of advertising tool also. I have to finish the stinking website first though :madd: It's almost done enough to publish but will still need some modifications afterwards.

Steve

Todd Rahm

Hey Bill, ya know who ya out bid?  :innocentwhistle:  :roflmao: I'm sure he'll be easy on ya.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Brad H

Super sharp, Al. And thanks for the advise. One of these days I might get some kind of site put together.

Brad

songdog_sniper

Hey Al This is just a heads up.  I got hammered about a year ago for linking my page to ebay.  I went to check out the me page guidelines and here is what I found.
"You may include links to your About Me page in your listings. However, you may not include language within those links that promotes items or other Web sites."

I had someone, who was another custom call maker that sold me out and reported me to ebay.  They took canceld all of my auctions and I  had to redo all of my stulff minus the Website info.   I am just giving you a heads up though,  you have to be reported to get into trouble.  So you can take your chances if you want.   :biggrin:     Aaron.

THO Game Calls

AAron,

If you put an actual link to your web site in your listing, yes, e bay will cancell that listing as it is against the rules.  It is perfectly permissable to have it in your Me page however.  It is the only place on E bay that you can put a link to an off e bay site.

What you are saying though may be a gray area - or a compete violation.   Good catch.  I went in and revised it, but it will take at least 8 hours for E bay to index the listing and the changes to show up.  If they cancel the listing, I will relist with the changes.  75 cents is cheap advertising.

And yes, I heard about what happened to your calls on e bay.  I have a pretty good idea who did it too.  Matter of fact, he has some calls posted there now.  It's just like all the other childish crap that goes on.  PMing people about other call makers calls trying to undercut them or bad mouth them.  I griped about this for a long time and everyone said I was full of crap that it didn't happen.  Now a couple big time collectors recently posted that it happens all the time and is why they no longer post.  At one time when I had my e bay store, I would get e mails from people telling me they were going to buy my calls and leave me so many negative feedbacks that they would put me out of business.  It's just like saying a business that sells call supplies to other call makers is trying to get those call makers to stop making calls and cancell their advertising accounts.  Some of this stuff just does not make any sense at all, and the level some people will stoop to is beyond low. 

This should be a fun hobby, but for some, it's just a cut throat business where anything goes, to the point of being borderline criminal.  I'm glad this site is not like that. 

Al

songdog_sniper

No sir, I haven't ever said a bad thing about another call maker, and I don't plan on it either.  I guess I'll put my site on the ME page and try it out.  I've been over there for about a year, and only had one jackass mess with me on feedback.  He bought some urine off of me and sent me two messages on the night that he bought it and the next message was the next day about noon.  When I checked my ebay, he had already left me negative feedback about 18 hours after the auction ended ,  lol.   I didn't even get on the computer until after I got off work and then woke up the next day.  That guy told me that he was going to buy all of my products and leave me negative feedback. And then he left some crap like,  Seller sells crap or something like that.   hehehe.  That guy had me so mad, he didn't even get my product and he left that crap... lol   But then I figured out that he gets off doing that to people.  It was a lesson learned.  There are some crazy people out there that just don't care.  I'm pretty sure that I figured out who it was that turned me in,   I didn't ever say anything about it to him but hopefully he gets his in the long run. 

Anyways,  That call is sweet, and it looks like some people have been getting some good deals on your calls over there. I just might have to get in the bidding for one of them.  Later, Aaron

FinsnFur

Another much sought after Bonker hits the public eye  :yoyo:
I can't believe the way that thing shines. Excellent Job as usual Al.

Steve..... got issues or problems getting that site up?...gimme a shout.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Dang it  I thought I was gonna win this  Better luck next time

THO Game Calls

Well thanks for bidding anyway.  I hope the guy who got is has fun with it.   Probably stick another one up there tomorrow. 

Al

Bills Custom Calls