• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hog, Snake, Antler and Buffalo Open and Closed reeds

Started by ninthinning, October 22, 2007, 07:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninthinning

Three JC reed two piece prey in distress calls with mule deer antler bands.  Pink ivory  Sold.  Snakewood $75 each

Pink ivory and snakewood with turned antler bands

Acrylic insert makes for clear crisp sound with low air.

JC reeds can be changed in the field without tools.

Pair of hogs fang howlers.  Calls can wail but really shine with quiet, clear, crisp howls. Gone hunting.

American bison horn howler with hand made ivory tone board.

Warthog ivory tone board and blesbok horn open reed.  Good sounding predator call. $50

Thank you for looking.
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

ninthinning

Polished Moose antler two piece JC reed call with brass ring.  Gone hunting.

Reeds are easy to change with two piece call.

Cocobolo burl JC reed call $gone hunting

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

FinsnFur

Those acrylic inserts look cool as hell. Always liked your tone boards too.

Those howlers are very brutal looking with the lack of taper in them, but I have no doubt they produce some killer vocalizations. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Ninth,

It does look like you have been keeping busy.  It would be hard to pick a favorite out of the group.  Keep up the good work.

Jerry

vvarmitr

WOW! Eric those are some fine calls. ;yes;
I like the gemsbok/ivory & the the moose antler, but would'nt want the brass band personally.

ninthinning

FinsnFur,  Turns out the different colors of cast acrylic rod have different hardnesses and slightly different sound properties.  The harder acrylic absorbs less of the sound energy. 

Hawks Feather,  I am turning a lot less these days but enjoy the time making calls all the more.

vvarmitr,  You have a good eye.  The tone board on the blesbok call makes a sweet coyote howl.  I've never been fond of bands myself but for certain designs they are essential.