• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Finally shot my new AR.

Started by nastygunz, May 30, 2010, 11:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Well finally I got out with my ar15  in .223 and sighted it in...bought it mid-winter and just never got around to sighting it in....I took it to a 50 yard sand pit range..no bore sight...I used some Remington FMC to get it on paper...used the 5 round magazine from Bushmaster...it worked fine...picked up and fired rounds....ejected them all...my final 5 shots I could cover with a quarter...I can definitely see it has some serious accuracy potential...nice crisp trigger pull...I can also see the multiple shot possibilities as I fired pretty quick on those last 5 rounds and the gun just barely jumps the crosshairs then settles right back on target....still not positive I like it for hunting...sometimes it makes me feel like I need and extra pair of hands...I do like its light weight and short length...16 inch barrel...works good in NH where theres lots n lots of woods...my bolt guns seem much simpler and easier to use at this point...one thing I dont like is the loud sound when I am charging the weapon !...I could also tell that it is LOUD even with wearing hearing protection...so parts of it I like...parts of it I dont.....I was also forced to eat some damn good pizza to make those targets !...Ill have to give it some more field time before I make my final decision.....heres the target I was shooting, a wild PigBoar :

Yotehntr

Nice group!  I do know what you mean about being loud charging 'em....ease out of the truck...ease the door shut.... slam the action shut.LOL   :doh2:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Will you be selling hand crafted targets like that, anytime soon?

I'm not a real big AR fan, but which one did you get?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Here she be Jimbo, minus scope, a CMMG.

nastygunz

" Will you be selling hand crafted targets like that, anytime soon?"

Could you whip me up a web site for them?...I do a really good chipmunk too for the small game aficionado  :wink:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

Nice shooting! Sweet rifle!

And we dont care if Jim likes AR's or not.........WE DO!

Oh yea....Put me in line for the target's as well :highclap:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!