• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

After the kill....What do I do ?

Started by securpro, January 16, 2008, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Hey guys I was wondering what everybody does with their coyotes,cats ect. after the kill ?  :shrug:  I know some guys leave thier yotes to rot and some skin them out and have the hides tanned and some have the animal mounted in some way or another. I have skinned them out before but I am not very good at it, :wo: then gave the hide away.  I hate to just let a good hide go to waste but the fact of the matter is I dont know how to prep it after skinning.  :confused: ( just maybe we can get one of the pro's to teach us how to do this at the LBL hunt )  :readthis:  What do you guys do ???
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Hawks Feather

keekee

If I don't blow a big hole in them I skin, flesh and stretch all my Coyotes. Some get tanned for re sale and the others go to the fur market.

Bad news is, fur prices on Coyotes here right now are 10.00 average ( Put Up )

But I still think that's better than leaving them lay. There is also a market for the skulls, and toe nails. Allot of Native American art builders use these for different things. And the skulls can be cleaned, Bleached and clear coated and sold or displayed on nice pedestal stands.

Brent