• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

old guy- new calls 2

Started by caller223, October 01, 2007, 01:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caller223

Hi all, managed to get a few more turned, pic 1 is one of the few open reed calls I've made for Bob Dickson, next Thuya burl burl that had a crack, repaired now for Shooter over on TPC, then a purple something with soime chatter marks so $15 shipped, then a really neat spalted maple $25 shipped, then a mesquite and osage $25 each
Richard Grantham

next picture is of my personal call, I made them so I could change reeds in the field. I like to try different frequency between shrill and low pitch.

studabaka

I'll take the spalted maple Richard.... will send a PM
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Todd Rahm

Damn ya Study!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad3: :mad3:       :innocentwhistle:       :biggrin:

Nice pick up, and thats a nice call  :wink:

Richard, nice as usual.

I fancy your personal call, ya want to make another?  :innocentwhistle:

BigB

Richard,

Can I get the osage, and can you make an open reed to go with it?

Thanks,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

bowjunkie

Quote from: Todd Rahm on October 01, 2007, 03:09:53 PM

I fancy your personal call, ya want to make another?  :innocentwhistle:

very nice calls and I have to agree with Todd your personal one is saweeettt   :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Nice looking stuff Richard. I was beginning to wonder if you hung it up  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

caller223

Thanks a million guys,
Brian the osage is yours and will start on open reed in osage,  Studebacker spalted is yours- its neat, Todd will make you a cope of mine- what kind of wood, I know I have maple,mesquite, osage, purpul something, rose wood, ???\
I'm slow guys, this is my return to chemo week, I get it for about 4 hrs, then wear a pump home for 46 hours. makes you kinda sick.
Richard Grantham

Todd Rahm

Ah heck Rich, no rush. Just enjoy the fact your turning again and enjoying it yourself.  Any wood is ok, but partial to the burls, spalted and heck even the purple heart ya did.  :wink:

Lonehowl

Hi Richard, very nice calls, and I also like those lanyards,where did you get those? Hope all goes well with you my friend.
Marc

Brad H

Man that's some nice looking stuff, Richard!!

Good to see you're still at it!

Brad

caller223

Quote from: BigB on October 01, 2007, 04:13:22 PM

Richard,

Can I get the osage, and can you make an open reed to go with it?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian,  set is ready to go, picture is shown.  $25 each paypal to barberx2000@yahoo.com  or money order to
Richard Grantham
2708 Twocourts Way
Schertz, Tx 78154[

Coulter

Good looking calls ya did there Richard. I have a couple of lanyards like that too, but I have no idea where I picked them up. I would like to get some more though. Where did you get yours from?

Steve

BigB

Quote from: caller223 on October 09, 2007, 07:47:42 PM
Brian,  set is ready to go, picture is shown.  $25 each paypal to barberx2000@yahoo.com  or money order to
Richard Grantham

SWEET!!!   :yoyo:  :congrats: :yoyo: I really like the way they look Richard, they look great.  Paypal sent.

Thanks again,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

caller223

Quote from: Lonehowl on October 06, 2007, 11:11:16 PM
Hi Richard, very nice calls, and I also like those lanyards,where did you get those? Hope all goes well with you my friend.
Marc
Lonehowl, good to see your message- are you turning ?? Steve, I like the lanyard too. No idea where I got them, just closeout in some store.  I had the same thing in nylon, but too big of loop, must have been for duck calls with big barrels.
Richard

Coulter

Thats funny...I think I got the two I have at Wally-World in the closeout sporting stuff. :iroll:

Steve

Lonehowl

Richard, turning a bit here and there. Selling a few calls to the local population.: )

Todd Rahm

Quoteturning a bit here and there. Selling a few calls to the local population.:

Oh, No, you aint holding out on me are ya?  :wo:

Fireball221

Richard, If there are two calls still available in this bunch can you please let me know.  I'll Take them!!!  Thanks and I am really liking that mesquite.

Kuipdog

Nice looking calls. Nice finish and nice burn rings!! :yoyo: Very well done indeed