• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Smith & Wesson M&P15

Started by Kydogduster, February 12, 2008, 08:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kydogduster

:wo:Anyone had any experience with the Smith & Wesson AR's?  I am looking to but one while the Dem's. get control.  Local gun shop has the M&P15 flattop for $899.00.  Just wonder how they shoot compared to a Bushmaster or Rock River.

browning204

I was able to check them out when they first came out at a Smith and Wesson day we had at our local range.

The rep was telling us that the advertised accuracy was 2 MOA at 100 yards. I thought that was a little weird since most advertise 1 MOA.

The Rep. kinda caused us to shy away as we got a hint that he really didn't know the rifle well. I already have a Bushmaster, it was my brother in law that wanted a AR.

I talked him into a RRA and we are both glad that I did.

He got a flat top  16" barrel with 2 mags and a hard case for around $650. He loves it and I love my Bushmaster.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

cb223

A friend of mine has one. It looks and shoots great.

From my experience any of the major manufactures  AR's  (Yes there is better and worse) all seem to shoot right around 1moa.The price go's up with the options you want.
You can spend $600 to $1000 and they are probably not going to shoot that much different. But the $1000 one will most likely look(have nicer options) cooler.

Seems that you don't get guaranteed better than 1moa until you take a big step up to the semi-custom ones. JP, Bear etc.. etc.. With that step that $1000 price tag doubles or even triples.
CHAD